Lyft is looking to add a Claims Operations Specialists to its growing Risk Solutions Team. The Operations Specialist position is an integral role assisting with the processing of claims and responding to inquiries to expedite the handling of claims. The focus of these roles will be to process and assist in Lyft Rentals claim and damage handling with an emphasis on cross-functional collaboration and customer communication. As Lyft Rentals scales in the coming months, this is an exciting opportunity to work on a new area of the business and shape the future of insurance at Lyft. You’ll balance day-to-day responsibilities between independent processing and working with a ton of cross-functional teams to help drive success for Lyft Rentals and Claims.
- Supports Risk Solutions, Safety, Transit, Bikes, & Scooters, Express Drive, Legal, Lyft Rentals, and Finance regarding all aspects of insurance claims
- Gathers investigative material and general support to assist adjusters and internal claims advocates
- Create initial loss reports and assist with overall damage processes for Lyft Rentals
- Respond to customer inquiries relating to claims and damage
- Coordinate with cross functional teams regarding claims process/system updates
- Requests additional information, where necessary, for completion of claim processing
- Manages and coordinates next steps for Accidents; including missing claim searches, coverage positions and adjuster contacts
- Develops and delivers effective written and oral communications/reports to management
- Supports and facilitates a team environment of continuous feedback and idea sharing with all team members and stakeholders
- Assist with special projects, including and not limited to auditing and data reconciliation
- Seeks out opportunities to gain broader insurance knowledge and cross-training
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 2+ years experience handling and solving customer support issues – ideally in a safety or claims environment
- Empathetic and sensitive to our community while executing on assigned tasks
- Operates with high standards, integrity and impeccable judgment
- Excellent listening, communication, verbal, and writing (documentation) skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, subject to rapid change and uncertainty
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
- Strong collaboration skills with peers and also cross-functionally.
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink – Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
For candidates living in Colorado the expected base pay range is $22-$27/hour and depending on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location.
This role is work-from-anywhere, excluding the following states and territory: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, West Virginia, Wyoming, Puerto Rico
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft’s accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.