About Your Role:
Dotdash Meredith is looking for a registered dietitian to serve as a Fact Checker for EatingWell. As a Fact Checker, you will join our Quality Team, a team of remote editors, producers, and fact checkers, who work on our sizable library of existing articles to improve the reader experience, drive additional traffic, and ensure the accuracy of all of our content. Fact Checkers are responsible for checking content to make sure all facts are accurate and supported by reputable sources, as well as confirming that the copy is free from spelling or grammatical errors, and for making updates in our content management system to ensure this is so.
As a digital publisher that reaches millions per month, Dotdash Meredith has the power and responsibility to create positive change. We are focusing our hiring efforts on diversity, equity, and inclusion to build a team that reflects our mission for racial equity in everything we do.
This is a remote position. The rate of pay for this role is $25/hour. Applicants must live within the United States or Canada.
- At least two years of fact-checking experience in digital or print media, ideally in the food vertical
- Comfortable working in a content management system, including WordPress (candidates with previous experience working in a CMS are especially encouraged to apply)
- Able to work quickly, independently, and accurately
- Willing to be featured on the site, including bio and headshot
- Comfortable working remotely, with access to a smartphone, computer (not a tablet), and a secure internet connection