FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX News Media is seeking an ambitious editor to manage a high volume of daily original, breaking, trending, and SEO-friendly Lifestyle content. As an editor on the Lifestyle team, you will assign, write, produce and edit pieces for FoxNews.com and FoxBusiness.com, managing writers and using a wide range of sources and tools to ensure Fox News Digital dominates coverage of important Lifestyle topics.
You will be offered one of the following shifts:
Monday – Friday from 8 AM – 4 PM, ET or 9 AM – 5 PM, ET
Tuesday – Saturday from 8 AM – 4 PM, ET or 9 AM – 5 PM, ET
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assign, write, produce and edit lifestyle news of the day and original reporting, working closely with the Managing Editor and Senior Editors on the team on daily, weekly & monthly priorities
- Use available tools to determine trending and search engine-friendly content
- Manage 1-2 staff reporters/writers, plus stringer(s)
- Stay on top of trending lifestyle news (food, travel, real estate, autos, etc.) and keep an eye on the competition to ensure our content remains out front
- Recognize and focus on the topics that are of interest to our audience
- Think out-of-the-box to help the section gain ownership of a topic or news story
- Maintain the Fox News Digital voice while reporting and editing
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 5+ years of professional experience in a news environment
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of standard AP style as well as staying up-to-date on Fox News Digital’s style
- Ability to break down jargon for readers in an accurate way to ensure content is understandable
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Proven organizational ability to ensure editorial standards are upheld and important topics are covered thoroughly
- Flexible hours, including flexibility to work on some holidays
- An “on-call” mentality, being prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions
- A passion for the lifestyle category and the ability to change tasks quickly depending on news cycle
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $73,000.00-90,000.00 annually for California, Washington, New York City and Westchester County, NY. $60,800.00-75,000.00 annually for Colorado. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.