As the Digital Content Coordinator, you will have the unique opportunity to help shape the future direction of Reach Out and Read’s (ROR) digital and other communications. The Digital Content Coordinator will create, manage, shepherd, and share engaging, brand-oriented content for Reach Out and Read and its Affiliates — across multiple platforms, including social, web, and email marketing. The position also includes the ongoing management and execution of marketing and communications requests from Affiliates, work with vendors, tracking media mentions, creating processes, coordinating meetings, and more. The role reports to the National Senior Director of External Affairs.
Your key responsibilities will include:
General Communications Functions (30%)
- Work with Senior Director of External Affairs, ROR National team, and Affiliates to identify communications and marketing needs and package news, information, and promotions for internal/external audiences.
- Develop actionable plans across communication platforms to creatively drive engagement, strengthen the brand, and standardize best practices.
- Provide communications and marketing support across the organization, including at state and local levels across the country.
- Research, write and/or edit copy for the web, email marketing, editorial media, and other publications and platforms for wide-ranging audiences.
- Coordinate and communicate with communications-related vendors to progress projects.
- On an ongoing basis, review and tracking engagement data and analytics, analyze performance, identify trends, and iterate on practices to optimize performance across all modes of communication.
- Proofread all communications for grammar, clarity, consistency, style, campaign continuity, and brand voice.
- Ensure consistent messaging and imagery, both visually and verbally, across all platforms.
- Ensure that ROR’s communications are accessible across all platforms and inclusive for all audiences (including the use of alt-text).
- Stay abreast of trends across communication platforms and drive performance through optimized content and technology.
Social Media (20%)
- Create original, daily, brand-aligned social content tied to Reach Out and Read, its Affiliates, partners, and industry, driving growth in followers and engagement.
- Manage day-to-day social engagement across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn, including creating, observing, and responding to conversations within our brand community. Regularly engage with brand advocates, partner organizations, other nonprofits, and ROR’s audience.
Email Marketing (25%)
- With the Senior Director of External Affairs and ROR National team, design and manage Reach Out and Read’s email marketing, including monthly newsletters for internal and external audiences, fundraising campaigns, news updates, and more.
- Maintain and execute an email marketing calendar, including regularly scheduled blasts plus individual campaigns.
- Use graphics, personalization, and advanced features to achieve better email ROI.
- Make daily edits and maintain all sections of Reach Out and Read’s website and microsites, including the management of images and videos, to ensure content is current and correct.
- Work with web developer to design compelling landing pages.
- Create and update pages within the CMS for ROR and some Affiliates.
This position also includes other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
There are innumerable ways to learn, grow and excel professionally. We respect this when we review applications and take a broad look at the experience of each applicant. We want to get to know you and the unique strengths you will bring to the work. We’ll honor your lived and professional experience as key aspects of your candidacy for the role and prioritize applicants with experience dismantling the structural inequities that disproportionately impact children and families with traditionally marginalized identities. We are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you can demonstrate the majority of the qualifications and experiences listed below:
- Commitment to increasing equity in opportunity and outcomes for children and to recognizing factors known to significantly impact differential outcomes for children, including race, ethnicity, language, and socio-economic status.
- Two to three years relevant work experience in social media, content creation, website/email management, writing and/or editing. Experience in public relations or communications for a nonprofit is highly desired.
- Proven track record in social media management. Adept across numerous social media platforms, including basic experience creating multimedia content.
- Experience working on websites and within content management systems (WordPress a plus).
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, with a strong knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Experience in Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Proficient using multi-social posting and scheduling programs such as Hootsuite and Meta Business Suite.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, remote environment on tight deadlines.
- Team player used to working collaboratively and in an editing environment.
- Able to clearly and precisely express complex ideas with interesting, compelling, and creative angles and work products.
- Strong organizational skills, including a track record of balancing and prioritizing multiple priorities simultaneously.
This is a full-time, exempt position. The Digital Content Coordinator may work from a home-based office anywhere in the country but travel may occasionally be required.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $55,000-$60,000 and is commensurate with experience. ROR offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with match, paid time off, and more.