We are looking for a focused data entry clerk to continuously update our company’s commission intake databases. The data entry clerk will liaise with and follow up with vendor carriers, external and internal customers, and incoming commission statements to collect information. The data entry clerk will capture the data from relevant databases and other sources then convert from pdf to Excel and enter into our database in a timely and accurate manner. You will identify and correct errors, and swiftly bring them to the attention of relevant parties where necessary.
To do well in this job, you should collect information and capture data promptly to ensure the business’ databases are current to accurately reflect its developments, updates and transactions. Top candidates will be focused, diligent, detail-oriented, energetic and have good people skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gathering invoices, statements, reports, personal details, documents and information from carriers, other departments and clients.
- Scanning through information to identify and capture pertinent information.
- Convert documents from pdf formatting to Excel formatting.
- Correcting errors and organizing the information in a manner that will optimize swift and accurate capturing.
- Creating accurate Excel spreadsheets.
- Entering and updating information into relevant databases.
- Ensuring data is backed up.
- Informing relevant parties regarding errors encountered.
- Handling additional duties from time to time.
Data Entry Clerk Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- 1+ year experience in a relevant field.
- Good command of English.
- Excellent knowledge and comfort working experience with MS Office Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat (ability to navigate with general ease).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to concentrate for lengthy periods and perform accurately with adequate speed.
- Proficient touch typing skills.
- Must be quick to grasp and adapt to new tasks and workflows (flexible, adaptable and quick-learn)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to travel independently to clients; some air travel may be required.
Work Environment and Environmental Conditions:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. There is no or very limited exposure to physical risk.