Joining ExamWorks as a Data Entry Associate may be the best decision you ever make.
We are seeking a medical billing-savvy professional who is keen to pick up on important details and looking to thrive in a fast-paced, growing environment.
This position is 100% remote. Candidate must be available to work 8:00-5:00pm PST; Monday through Friday. Office equipment (office phone, screen, keyboard, mouse and virtual desktop) will be provided.
The hourly rate of pay for this role is between $16.00-$16.50.
If you’re ready for a change, let’s hear from you!
Preference will be given to those who have experience with medical bills, ICD’s and CPT’s.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Gathers, organizes and prepares source documents for data entry into the appropriate system database.
- Reviews data for discrepancies, missing pages or information and resolves discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
- Enters both alphabetic and numeric data from source documents into the proper system database.
- Reviews data entered against the original source documents for accuracy and corrects any data entry errors or duplications.
- Follows data program security practices and procedures at all times.
- Routinely secures information by completing database backup daily.
- Performs other varies clerical duties such as sorting, filing, emailing and proofreading as required.
- Maintains confidentiality of all personal and financial information at all times and in accordance with HIPPA regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent required. A minimum of 6 months related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience. Experience in a medical office preferred.
- Must possess complete knowledge of general computer, fax, copier, scanner, and telephone.
- Must be knowledgeable of multiple software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and the Internet.
- Must have a full understanding of HIPAA regulations and compliance.
- Must be a qualified typist with a minimum of 40 W.P.M.
- Ability to follow instructions and respond to managements’ directions accurately.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met.
- Must demonstrate exceptional communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions where clarification is needed.
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize work activities and use time efficiently.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to demonstrate and promote a positive team -oriented environment.
- Must be able to stay focused and concentrate under normal or heavy distractions.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and or stressful conditions.
- Must possess the ability to manage change, delays, or unexpected events appropriately.
- Demonstrates reliability and abides by the company attendance policy.
- Must maintain a professional and clean appearance at all times consistent with company standards.
ExamWorks is a leading provider of innovative healthcare services including independent medical examinations, peer reviews, bill reviews, Medicare compliance, case management, record retrieval, document management and related services. Our clients include property and casualty insurance carriers, law firms, third-party claim administrators and government agencies that use independent services to confirm the veracity of claims by sick or injured individuals under automotive, disability, liability and workers’ compensation insurance coverages.
Examworks offers a fast-paced team atmosphere with competitive benefits, paid time off, and 401k.