Are you passionate about helping customers and colleagues? Do you also enjoy solving complex data and technical problems? Would you be excited to support smooth adoption of a mapping software platform used by broadband providers who are building fiber networks? If this describes you, then apply now to our open Technical Support Specialist position here at VETRO FiberMap.
VETRO – a high-growth SaaS company based in Portland, Maine – is a cloud-based GIS platform that has been purpose-built for fiber optic mapping and management. VETRO enables ISPs, WISPs, municipalities, and engineering companies that are designing, building and operating the next generation of broadband infrastructure. A leader in the space, VETRO has customers in over 20 countries and on 5 continents.
The Technical Support Specialist will work on the Support team and will interface externally with our customers and internally as a platform specialist. Our ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter and tenacious and resilient problem solver who can work independently and grow with the team.
Technical Support Duties
- Learn the product inside and out – to independently break down incoming issue tickets and problem solve for and with clients
- Field incoming support emails (90%) and phone calls (10%)
- Conduct onboarding trainings to audiences both small and large
- Deliver technical GIS assistance and services, in collaboration with our Solutions team
- Triage application bugs, in collaboration with our Engineering team
- Deliver platform feature requests to our Product Development team
- Develop relationships with key users/product champions at the customer organization
- Define and deliver to customer’s value statements and user journey milestones
Platform Specialist Duties
- Provide technical assistance and prospect demos for Customers in supported trials
- Collaborate with our Platform Literacy team to improve our help center documentation
- Collaborate with the Customer Success team as the technical platform resource
Desired Qualifications and Characteristics
Do you have what it takes to deliver on the objectives above? Our Support Specialist must be fearless, patient, confident, and able to translate complex technical topics to users of many different skill levels.
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant work experience; SaaS experience a plus
- Demonstrated outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Phone skills are a must – if you have “phone fear” this position is not a good fit, as our team often communicates complex information over the phone and via video conference tools
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with limited direction on multiple tasks concurrently
- Flexibility and adaptability, with an eye for new technologies – rapid uptake/learning
- Proficiency with GSuite and all basic office software; ability to learn new apps quickly
- Experience with CRM and Support Desk platforms
- Experience in the broadband industry
- Experience in customer service, help desk or sales support in a software environment
- Experience with software design and testing, preferably map-based (GIS) software
This position is a full time, permanent position, with full benefits. We are a remote-first company with our headquarters office in Portland, Maine. The starting salary is $55,000.
Please send a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are excited about this job opportunity.