or more than 80 years, Kaplan has been a trailblazer in education and professional advancement. We are a global company at the intersection of education and technology, focused on collaboration, innovation, and creativity to deliver a best-in-class educational experience and make Kaplan a great place to work.
The future of education is here and we are eager to work alongside those who want to make a positive impact and inspire change in the world around them.
Content Specialists review, edit, and create relevant, quality content for all Kaplan Financial Education products including study notes, flashcards, online-programs, audio CDs, and video products. Take responsibility for quality control of documents and products.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Review, update, and revise existing insurance licensing and insurance CE course content
- Research insurance topics discussed in the course, or to be added to the course
- Write the course content revisions/additions/deletions in the format required by the assigned project (Word, PDF, etc.)
- Document course content revisions/additions/deletions in the format required by the assigned project
- Develop new insurance licensing and insurance CE course content
- Research insurance topics to be covered in the course
- Write the course content in the format required by the assigned project (Word, PDF, etc.)
- Document course content in the format required by the assigned project
- Submit required project deliverables to the content manager by the project due date
- Course content review and updates
- Work closely with the content manager and product managers to review written, online, and other media for quantitative and qualitative content regarding relevance, quality, and accuracy.
- Suggest improvements/additions to existing content.
- As assigned, review suggested course changes from SMEs
- Facilitate course changes through the production process
- Participate as a team member by communicating project status and work with other teams to meet deadlines.
- Test products prior to release for content quality and technical aspects.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor to achieve organizational goals.
- Create new content, with particular emphasis on writing multiple choice format questions and creating topic reviews.
- Independently manage some product development projects.
- Respond to InstructorLink emails from students
- Document course and Qbank updates and errata
- Write learning objectives for courses
- Bachelors degree in Business or Insurance/Financial; an insurance license, insurance or financial services professional designation(s), Masters Degree, or Law Degree is preferred.
- 10 years+ in technical writing and insurance product knowledge
- Knowledge of HTML; PDF editing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Insurance product and/or insurance laws and regulations
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to proof and edit technical material
- Format and create tables, graphs and/or equations within Office Suite
- Ability to read, interpret, proof, and edit technical insurance-related material and write course content in a manner easily understood by students
- Ability to listen, learns quickly, and receives constructive criticism.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate teamwork abilities
- Deductive reasoning and problem solving skills
- Self-starter with high energy and diligent work ethics, demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
We offer a competitive benefits package including:
Remote work providing flexible work/life balance
Comprehensive Retirement Package including 401K company match and two pension programs
Our Gift of Knowledge Program provides tuition assistance and substantial discounts for our employees and close family members
Competitive health benefits and new hire eligibility starts day-1 of employment
Generous Paid Time Off includes paid holidays, vacation, personal, sick paid time-off, plus one (1) volunteer day and one (1) diversity and inclusion day to participate and give back to our local communities
And so much more!
All positions with Kaplan are paid at least $15 per hour or$31,200 per year for full-time positions. Compensation for specific positions are based on job level, skills, years of experience, and education, among other factors. Additionally, certain positions are bonus or commission eligible. Information regarding benefits can be found here.