We are seeking a Content Specialist, DEIB to join our talented and passionate Access & Equity team. The Content Specialist will conduct and facilitate content reviews of Curriculum Associates’ materials through the lens of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB). The candidate will also create resources that will help product development teams to embed DEIB within CA’s offerings and support the utilization of these resources through facilitated conversations, documentation, and other training opportunities.
*This is a full-time, temporary (6 month) assignment, with the possibility of extension.
The impact you’ll have:
- Conduct and facilitate content reviews of Curriculum Associates’ (CA) materials through the lens of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB)
- Create resources that will help product development teams to embed DEIB within CA’s offerings and support the utilization of these resources through facilitated conversations, documentation, and other training opportunities
- Track market and industry trends around DEIB to inform guidance for product development teams
- Stay current with thought leaders, research, and best practices in the DEIB space and curate a library of relevant resources for product development teams to refer to
- Monitor the sociopolitical landscape as it relates to curricula across the states and districts CA serves
- Contribute to data collection around CA’s DEIB efforts to ensure goals are measurable and decisions are informed by key metrics
- Identify opportunities to build cultural competency across the organization and lead initiatives designed to leverage those opportunities
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrated cultural proficiency that reflects understanding of an array of identities and the ways they intersect
- Ability to synthesize information and effectively present it to stakeholders
- Excellent research skills and the ability to structure and drive projects that address open-ended questions
- 2 or more years of experience working with education leaders, advocacy groups, and/or publishing teams toward diversity, equity, and inclusion goals
- A hands-on approach and commitment to working collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders and teams to ensure that CA’s products meet the highest standards of instructional quality and editorial excellence
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Biliterate in English/Spanish
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a personal commitment to daily interactions that exemplify CA’s DEIB-related goals
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet, file management, and other workplace software
A plus if you:
- Have experience in curriculum development and/or educational publishing
- Are proficient in publishing and design software, such as Adobe InDesign, Canva and Woodwing
- Are proficient in software such as Workday, SmartSheet and Confluence
Benefits and Pay Range:
Pay – This role’s base pay is $30.00 per hour. The Company recognizes that minimum wage varies by location and will ensure all compensation decisions comply with applicable state and local laws.
Benefits – Temporary and per-diem employees who average at least 30 hours of work per week within the Company’s look-back period are eligible to enroll in medical coverage after 90 days of employment. Temporary and per-diem employees working more than 20 hours per week are eligible for twelve paid holidays. All temporary and per-diem employees are eligible for accrued sick time.