Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago’s Fulton Market neighborhood with additional offices located in Aurora, Illinois and Ann Arbor, Michigan. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
About the Role:
Dyson is looking for a Content Specialist to join our Customer Service Learning & Development Team. The ideal candidate will be an individual contributor primarily responsible for designing highly impactful learning solutions for companywide audiences. You will assess, design, develop and evaluate high visibility blended learning curricula, learning courses and performance support tools to support an enterprise-wide audience at Dyson. You will also provide thought leadership on learning industry best practices, innovative design methodologies and tools to drive engaging learning experiences that enhance our Dyson team member capabilities.
What You’ll Do:
- Translate technical, complex information into clear, concise documentation.
- Build/maintain team (internal) and vendor-facing knowledge base (KB) documentation libraries.
- Write, publish, and maintain high-quality policy, process and procedure documentation and online content.
- Collaborate with clients, teams, and SMEs to create crisp, engaging end-to-end SOPs, streamlined, Search Engine Optimization- (SEO) friendly documentation of workflows, job aids, how-to guides, and manuals.
- Build team site/landing page(s) paired or linked to specific team KBs.
- Partner with and cross-collaborate with Instructional Designers to create combined training/LMS and KB “paired” deliverables, comparing/reconciling content to ensure harmonious training and KB flow.
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a constantly changing environment; take initiative, problem solve, and proactively address tasks or challenges.
- Establish and maintain comprehensive help centers, synchronizing documentation, processes, and branding/style for accurate, consistent, single-source-of-truth resources.
- Conduct audience analysis and gather user feedback to cater documentation deliverables to the target audience’s needs, ensure accessibility, and maximize engagement and efficiency.
- Perform gap analysis on existing KB documentation and procedures to identify and address pain points, inefficiencies, compliance issues, quality/accuracy discrepancies, and unclear/ambiguous documentation.
- Manage content organization/KB structure, improve SEO, style, branding, and ensure that Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) standards are met.
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills.
- 3+ years of professional instructional design and learning strategy experience, e.g., coursework in experiential leadership, management, functional and performance skills.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite – Captivate, InDesign, Photoshop
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Proficient in Learning Management Systems administration
- Preferred – Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Business, Education, Communications, or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work and communicate constructively with all levels of the organization (Department leaders, managers, individual contributors, learning peers)
- Highly proficient in time management, organization, planning and prioritization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain focus on key priorities despite conflicting demands
- Experience writing clear, accurate, and concise SOP documentation.
- Excellent grammar, writing, and editing skills; ability to write in a range of styles and tones from highly technical to informal/casual.
- Experience working with a distributed team; excellent communication and collaborative/teamwork skills.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, support multiple projects, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability