Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nationâ€™s leading network of womenâ€™s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve womenâ€™s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions. Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA.
About the Digital Products team: The Planned Parenthood Digital Products team provides reliable and scalable applications and technology programs and services in support of health care delivery, sex education, advocacy, fundraising, and internal operations. For three consecutive years in a row, we have been awarded the World’s Most Innovative Company from Fast Company.
About this role: The Specialist, Chat/Text, will be responsible for supporting the live Chat/Text team, including Chat/Text leadership at PPFA and Chat/Text participants on affiliate staff, with a special emphasis on new staffing and protocols to support abortion wayfinding. The position will report to the Bilingual Program Manager, Chat/Text, in the Federation Engagement and Impact (FEI) division of PPFA.
- The Specialist, Chat/Text, will support the Chat/Text program with day-to-day operations to optimize the user and staff experience on Chat/Text
- Build and manage the schedule for the team of 70-100+ affiliate employees who staff Chat/Text to ensure the live chatline is adequately staffed at any particular time across 101 hours per week.
- Manage systems for delivering and tracking one-on-one staff coaching requests, staff education opportunities, and content creation.
- Support the Chat/Text staff mentors to analyze program data for quality assurance, program improvement, and tracking KPIs.
- Review live Chat/Text interactions and reports for assurance of high-quality user and educator experience.
- Update and track scripted messages for the program to reflect any changes in sexual and reproductive health information, with oversight from subject matter expert.
- Support live and virtual new educator trainings, including prework circulation and tech support.
- Draft monthly reports on Chat/Text, circulate for reviews, and distribute to stakeholders.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to advance the organization’s overall engagement with our chat products.
- Assist managers and mentors on other digital health education and training initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required professional experience:
- 2-3 years of progressively responsible professional experience is required.
- Ideal candidates will have experience working with a large group of stakeholders s across different areas
- Intermediate knowledge of Google Suite, Slack, and Zoom is required.
- A commitment to customer service and problem-solving as goals in-and-of themselves.
- High attention to detail and strong organization ability
- A self-starter who can own and bring projects to completion
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility to learn new skills and adapt to changing technology
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of Planned Parenthood
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Self-motivated problem solver.
- Youâ€™re comfortable wearing many hats and working with a small, cross-functional team.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, learn and process information quickly, and exercise good judgment.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- High ethical standards.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to handle stressful situations with ease.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working within a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences.
- 0-25% domestic
Minimum Salary: 67k