Employer: VSP Global
- With general supervision, act as an expert advisor on customer and billing operations delivering legendary service to VSP customers with moderate degrees of complexity. Resolve outstanding accounts receivable balances through review and analysis of documented findings, billing contract information and systems data to ensure accounts are reconciled at a level consistent with VSP’s financial controls.
- Act as VSP’s primary point of contact for routine and complex telephone or written inquiries from customers and business partners regarding billing and collections. Effectively positions messages in a manner that supports divisional and corporate strategies, to ensure first call resolution and delivery of world-class service.
- Establishes effective partnerships and working relationships with relevant business partners to ensure timely and accurate statements and resolution of dispute and reconciliation issues.
- Appropriately and actively contribute to the evaluation and resolution of situations that could have company-wide impacts to drive solutions as needed.
- Lead and/or participate in customer meetings and collaborate with business partners to address moderate to complex customer issues.
- Uses a systematic approach in solving problems for billing disputes and payment issues through the analysis and review of information, provide alternate solutions.
- Performs and recommends adjustments, write-offs, and refunds for customer accounts, ensuring adequate documentation is prepared for management review and approval. Uses sound decision-making; applies good judgment in researching and resolving difficult accounts receivable issues.
- Accurately performs billing, cash application, and reconciliation activities. Identifies and documents sources of variances, and works with business partners, customers and brokers to determine resolutions. Follow up to ensure that agreed-upon resolutions are implemented.
- Prepares timely and accurate billing and reconciliation reports as required.
- Communicate with customers, brokers, and business partners to resolve billing and reconciliation issues and concerns. Elevates issues that impact the department or enterprise to management team in a timely manner.
- Resolves outstanding aging balances for accounts, using knowledge of business systems and their relationship to billing and collections.
- Continuously follows up including, but not limited to, alerting business partners and management team of accounts with disputed balances.
- Perform collection activities for past due receivables, including collection calls, collection correspondence, negotiating payment plans, and sending accounts to outside collection agencies.
- Comply with and maintain data integrity of confidential information, security policies, and procedures.
- Two to four years of financial experience in insurance, retail, accounts receivable, banking or call center
- A solid understanding of basic accounting principles, familiarity with SAP preferred
- Strong math, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform detailed work with numerical data and to make arithmetic computations accurately
- Strong critical thinking and effective negotiation skills with a solution-oriented approach to work
- Ability to use appropriate discretion and judgment in the processing of accounts receivable transactions and call handling
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners
- Effective written communication skills including business writing, grammar, and punctuation in order to correspond with customers
- Ability to work within multiple systems to extract information needed to support customers and business partners
- Strong organization and time management skills to prioritize multiple complex tasks, and to be available for a high volume of customer calls
- Proficient in a Windows environment with the ability to create and edit Excel spreadsheets
- Available to work any shift and overtime as needed
- Ability to type 35 wpm
- Ability to perform 10-Key by touch (6,000 ksph)
- Clean credit history as reported by credit report
VSP Global is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or protected veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.