At Cars Commerce, we’re fanatical about simplifying everything about car buying and selling. We do right by our customers and consumers to better connect the industry with simplified and tierless technology to enhance, measure and drive local automotive retail. Whether through our No.1 most recognized marketplace, Cars.com, our industry-leading digital experience, Dealer Inspire, our trade and appraisal technology, AccuTrade, or our new Cars Commerce Media Network, Cars Commerce is essential for success in the automotive industry.
No one ever travels alone here: at its core, Cars Commerce is collaboration. In fact, it’s built into the very fabric of our shared values. We like to say we Rise Together – putting people at the center of what we do, from consumer to customer to community. Life at Cars Commerce makes it easy when we share the ethos to be Open to All, encouraging open-minded communication because we know diverse thinking yields better outcomes. But critical to our success is Caring to Challenge and Taking Ownership, fueling a competitive spirit in a respectful environment where we think about tomorrow but act today. At our foundation, we have integrity, Doing the Right Thing, even when it’s hard. It’s our shared commitment to these values that makes Cars Commerce a place where growth becomes not only possible, but downright unavoidable.
But don’t take our word for it. As a U.S. News & World Report Best Company to Work For in 2024, we’re obsessive about the employee experience. We are among the top 20% being declared “Best” of our industry based on six critical factors that are important to employee wellbeing, like quality of pay, benefits, work life balance and more.
As the Associate Manager, of Copywriting at Cars Commerce, you will oversee a team of copywriters responsible for leading and cultivating our creative copywriting team serving the cross-departmental digital marketing and advertising products, SEO content and optimization, and editing services.
This leader is an experienced people and process manager helping to mentor and cultivate an environment for professional and career growth.
This position is accountable for highlighting process improvements and streamlining workflows by understanding and sustaining key performance metrics while demonstrating our company’s core values.
This person also demonstrates SEO content, and creative marketing writing skills, is detail-oriented, and is no stranger to deadlines.
- Regularly audit standard operational processes and guidelines including quotas, timelines, and internal project details to ensure delivery and manage employee performance
- Create, analyze, and Identify areas of opportunities for production and workflows while understanding and sustaining key performance metrics
- People management including mentoring, performance reviews, improvement plans, career development
- Communicate and support our company and departmental goals and values
- Facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and other learning opportunities
- Collaborate and manage workflows and timelines to ensure timely delivery of written copy that meets quality and production requirements
- Execute and implement compelling automotive-driven copy while managing and maintaining the brand voice of all internal products, our retailers, and OEM partners
Success in this role is measured by client satisfaction, content quality, employee engagement and satisfaction, and department improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Complete command of the English language
- Minimum five years of experience in an editorial or communications capacity
- Minimum of three years of people management
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace products
- Demonstrable process improvement and performance management experience
- Expert in the elements of structure, content, voice, tone, and grammar
- Strong knowledge of best practices for multi-channel copywriting
- A high degree of technical aptitude
- Strong project management skills, time management and organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to create a high volume of quality content
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Automotive experience is not required but, nice to have
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, Wrike, WordPress, and social media environments is a pluS
In the spirit of pay transparency, we are excited to share the base salary range for this position which is not inclusive of bonuses, benefits or other forms of compensation that the position may be eligible for. If you are hired at Cars Commerce, your final base salary compensation will be determined based on factors such as skills and/or experience. If the salary range is close to what you’re seeking, then we encourage you to apply and learn more about the total compensation package for this position.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package includes:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Healthcare Plans
- 401(k) with Company Match + Immediate Vesting
- New Hire Stipend for Home Office Set-Up
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO
- Refuel – a service based recognition program where employees receive additional paid time away to learn grow and reset
- Paid Holidays, Floating Holiday, Volunteer Day, Recharge Day. APPLY HERE