All That’s Interesting is looking for a motivated individual to join our team as an Assistant Editor. We’re ramping up production in several verticals — including history, true crime, science, and news — with this position acting as a catalyst for growth in our output. Ideal candidates will be around two to four years into their career in digital publishing and looking for an opportunity to gain more responsibility. As the Assistant Editor, you will:
– Edit 8 to 12 posts per week
– Craft copy and images for social media and search engine optimization
– Pitch, ideate, and produce your own articles
– Coordinate with freelancers and staff writers
– Become an integral part in developing and executing All That’s Interesting’s editorial strategy
Desired qualifications are:
– At least two years of experience in digital publishing, including editing, writing, copywriting, or social media management
– Familiarity with best practices for search, including use of SEO research tools like SEMrush
– Experience with best practices for social media, including use of analytics tools such as CrowdTangle
– Working knowledge of WordPress
– Comfortable with basic image manipulation and editing
– Interest in a breadth of topics, including history, true crime, science, and current events
This position can be done remotely full-time and compensation is $52k a year along with health insurance benefits, partial home expenses reimbursement, matching 401k after your first year, and a generous vacation policy.
To apply, please send your resume along with links to two of your published writing samples to [email protected]. Those with diverse backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply.