Hiring Admissions Specialists NOW
Must be able to work 12:30pm – 9pm Monday – Friday Eastern Standard Time, with rotating weekends from 10:00am – 6:30pm EST.
$15/ hour base salary + additional bi-weekly compensation (based on performance).
In this exciting and rewarding role, you will consult with new students and enroll them in Penn Foster programs that set them on a path towards achieving their personal goals. Penn Foster is an online, accredited College, High School and Career School. As an Admissions Specialist, you’ll work independently, yet be a part of a dynamic, high-energy environment and culture that’s all about putting STUDENTS FIRST. Penn Foster is proud to be the recipient of the Impact: People and Culture award presented by the Greater Scranton Chamber of Commerce! The 2020 SAGE Awards honor outstanding local businesses for their talent, creativity, and innovation.
We’re growing again and need to fill a limited number of positions now. If you’re ready to open the door to your future, let us know…you may be the person we’re looking for. Check us out at www.pennfoster.edu.
The Admissions Specialist will speak to prospective Penn Foster students via telephone, at all times endeavoring to serve the best interests of the prospective student by learning their goals, identifying an educational program that will help them achieve those goals, and motivating them to begin that program using exceptional, enthusiastic service that consistently exceeds the prospective student’s expectations, as well as a hospitality-based sales methodology to encourage enrollment. The Admissions Specialist will work independently, as well as with other employees, to provide the prospective student with the best opportunity for success.
- Represent and abide by the Penn Foster Core Values
- Use hospitality-driven sales techniques to shepherd prospective students toward enrollment, fully embodying the “compassionate voice” of the Brand, often as first critical point-of-contact
- Develop rapport with prospective students, foundational to the school’s relationship rooted in shared accountabilities, optimizing student success
- Provide need-specific, accurate information to the prospective student
- Assist in facilitating the enrollment process and onboarding of new students, establishing the foundation of their success
- Develop/maintain in-depth working knowledge of Penn Foster programs/courses and related policies/procedures through ongoing training and development
- Follow established Penn Foster policies and procedures
- Handle all communications in a casually professional and courteous manner, foregrounding humanity
- Establish awareness for prospective and newly enrolled students of the opportunities they have for interaction with Instructors, Student Services representatives, and other students
- Identify financial, academic, motivational and technological risk factors; Offer solutions to those risk factors
- Employ empathy and acute sensitivity to arrive at personalized solutions, cognizant of well-earned institutional distrust, when present
- Contact students to determine decision status, answer questions, provide motivation and encourage enrollment
- Transfer student calls to appropriate department in a timely, professional manner
- Must be able to perform in a Blended environment of Inbound and/or Outbound calls, to be determined by Contact Center Management based on business needs
- Regularly submit Timecards stating hours worked and any accrued time used
- Utilize email and related company communication platforms regularly throughout the day to communicate with other employees
- Must adhere to performance requirements as established by Management
- Performs other duties or responsibilities as required or requested
- Must be able to work 12:30pm – 9pm Monday – Friday, with rotating weekends
- Training period of 4 weeks is mandatory
- Must pass exam at end of training period
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Education: High School diploma or GED required. College preferred.
- Customer Service experience preferred
- Basic computer skills required
- Sales experience a plus
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Must have reliable high speed internet provider
- Must have private, distraction free work environment
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills and knowledge of Windows operating systems
How we define success in this role:
To excel as an Admissions Specialist, you will need to be a strong, persuasive communicator, possessing acute listening skills, empathy and cultural sensitivity. This role rewards performance, and the best candidates will be driven to exceed goals.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
At Penn Foster we are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that embraces and celebrates diversity. We encourage underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
At Penn Foster, we are dedicated to helping over 300,000 students each year achieve their goals through affordable, accessible, career-focused learning. Our mission has remained the same since 1890: to enhance the lives of our students and clients through the acquisition of skills and credentials that can help them work toward their career and life goals. Together with our extensive partner network of leading employers, community-based organizations, and academic institutions, we close skills gaps and are building a workforce that’s prepared for the future job market. We aim to help businesses thrive by mobilizing their individual workers and energizing communities with opportunities for growth and progress. We are proud to play a role in the success of over 80% percent of our graduates that see improvement within their careers, as they inspire us to keep finding new ways to further our reach and broaden horizons. Join the Penn Foster movement and start working toward a better future today.
What We Offer:
We offer a competitive base salary, plus a robust benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, generous paid time off, sponsored volunteer opportunities, parking & commuter benefits, a 401K with a company match, plus free access to all of our online programs.