Red River is seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our growing team! This position is responsible for the completion of sales order to sales invoice, and collection issues of the invoice along with other specific duties outlined below. Our goal is to provide our customers and sales staff with unparalleled customer service. This position plays an integral part of this goal.
Primary Position Tasks:
- Convert sales orders to sales invoices
- Review all documentation supporting a sales order for invoicing
- Review sales contracts and customer purchase orders
- Ensure tracking detail in sales order is correct for invoicing
- Review all documentation for sales tax, freight, or misc. charges added on for customer invoicing
- Post the sales order into a sales invoice once the invoice review process has been completed and all aspects are correct
- Invoice preparation by postage, email, and/or electronic invoicing
- Follow-up with Supply Chain, Sales and/or associates for timely invoicing
- Maintain relations with customers and solve pay issues
- Follow-up on receiving reports and invoice issues
- Maintain all documentation relating to sales invoicing and collections
- Maintain sales credit memos and data entry
- Maintain cash receipts data and input
- Maintain Contract Vehicle (SEWP, GSA, etc.) detail and data input
- Perform Month End reconciliation reports and journal entries
- Maintenance contracts and incremental (monthly, quarterly, etc.) invoicing for Support Services, Professional Services, and Managed Services orders
- Customer credit card processing
- Processing of credit memos in Navision
- Processing of new customer card requests
- Provide backup for other accounting staff during their absence
- Participate as a volunteer committee member
- Working with office equipment
- Tracking of payments and shipments via Internet websites
- Other business duties assigned
Minimum Education/Certification/Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college-level work
- Relevant work experience may be substituted for college-level work
- Experience in very high-volume workload and fast paced environment
- Previous DOD/Government Invoicing strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Computer keyboarding skills
- General computer knowledge
- Basic math skills and understanding accounting methods
- Organized work methods
- Working knowledge of all aspects of Navision related to position
- Workstation productivity software: Microsoft Outlook / Office (Excel, Word)
- Internet research for invoicing and collections
- The understanding, knowledge, and the reading of Customer Contracts for invoice processing and Payment Collection
- The understanding and knowledge of Customer related websites for invoice submissions
- Good communication skills via phone, email, and/or face to face with both internal and external customers in an efficient and clear manner
- Ability to multi-task and maintain accuracy under a heavy workload
Essential Elements (Mental; Physical; Equipment used):
- Ability to attend work for all regularly scheduled hours (EST)
- Ability to work extended hours as necessary, particularly during “busy season” – August 1st extending through December
- Sit for extended periods of time at computer terminal
- For non-New Hampshire locations, the ability to travel to New Hampshire office for training
- It is anticipated the Accounts Receivable Specialist will follow a timely process of helping to collect outstanding payments owed to Red River.
- These are important in providing the high quality of customer service expected from this position.
Desk Position: This position is an office position that requires sitting at a desk for multiple hours throughout the workday.
Office or Remote Position: This position requires the ability to continuously communicate with co-workers throughout the day utilizing Red River approved and/or provided communication tools and equipment.
Hourly range $24.04 – $26.44
This candidate will be willing to travel for extended training courses pertaining to the job duties.
Red River offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an exceptional work environment. You can review our benefit offerings here. If you are ready to join a growing company, please submit your resume and cover letter (optional).