United Concordia Dental
This job is responsible for corporate provider enrollment and provider file maintenance across all markets. This includes, enrollment, contracting and demographic provider information. Incumbent ensures compliance with BCBS and CMS requirements, DOH regulations, internal, private business and governmental audits. Responsible for reviewing and processing additions, updates, and deletions of provider information in the Provider File database. Ensures executions of data entry and updates are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
1. Maintain accurate data in provider file data systems. Common transactions include:
- Maintaining and initial setup of assignment accounts (AA) from the AA applications
- Updating group and provider affiliations from AFBs and written requests
- 1099 tax ID updates
- UPIN/PTAN and/or Medicare Welcome Letter information
- State license update
- Enumerating providers
- Name changes, demographic data updates, specialty changes
- Hospital affiliations, network affiliations, network terminations
- Facility Agreement data, Institutional non-contracted files.
2. File Maintenance Analysis.
- Applying complex and detailed guidelines in the review process of the submitted requests
- The documentation application must comply with BCBS, DOH, CMS, MSBCBS and Highmark requirements.
- Routinely contact external sources such as the Provider offices, state licensing agencies and provider reps to collect or clarify information or documentation, which in turn must be reviewed and evaluated against the established guidelines
- Ensure the file meets all regulations prior to updating the provider file
3. Data Integrity.
Contact external sources to collect or clarify information or documentation which in turn must be reviewed and evaluated against the established guidelines and procedures to ensure the file meets all policy and procedures in conjunction with regulations. Maintain and update internally required data elements which include but are not limited to:
- Assigned Blue Shield provider numbers
- National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- CMS required provider identifiers for compliance with corporate and federal contracts.
- This individual will be also responsible to educate providers for obtaining and updating provider identifiers.
4. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year of experience in Provider Data Management, Credentialing, Customer Services or Claims.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Ability to communicate with both providers and customers
- Microsoft Office
- Typing/Computer Proficiency
- Problem Solving Skills
** Due to Department of Defense (DOD) contract requirements, the incumbent who fills this position must be a US citizen, and must also pass a background check **
Please Note: There will be a training class for 6 -7 weeks from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. The Work shift will be from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. There is a two – hour flex window where the candidate start time can be between 9:00 am -11:00 am with a 8 hour working shift.