This position is virtual and strongly prefer residents of Texas. May consider residents of surrounding states (NM, OK, AR or LA). This position could include travel up to 20% of the time for face-to-face professional development, student testing, and/or as required by the school.
K12, a Stride Company, believes in Education for ANY ONE. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the Stride K12 partner school, Lone Star Online Academy. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of Lone Star Online Academy is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
This position is funded by State Compensatory Education funds. The At-Risk Data Clerk is a full-time, year-round position responsible for accurate data entry and record keeping of at-risk coding, and economically disadvantaged status for students of multiple Texas schools.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Reviews student records upon enrollment to identify at-risk status based on identified criteria.
- Maintains and updates at-risk records in various systems.
- Determines student eligibility for free or reduced lunch programs using identified criteria.
- Saves and uploads electronic and paper files in preparation for monthly records audits for Federal Income Forms and at-risk indicators.
- Creates and disperses reports electronically regarding free and reduced lunch status.
- Enter at-risk and economically disadvantaged status into the district’s student information system for state submission.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma AND
- Three (3) years of data entry experience OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication
- Ability to perform multiple tasks synchronously
- Ability to use web-based database programs to enter and monitor education information
- Moderate proficiency in Microsoft(MS) Excel and Outlook. Basic proficiency in MS Word.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time to the office for work projects including school-specific mailings, trainings and as otherwise necessary
- Ability to clear required background check
- Experience working with student records, especially Family Income Forms (FIF) and other forms as may be associated with economically disadvantaged status
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is virtual and strongly prefer residents of Texas. May consider residents of surrounding states (NM, OK, AR or LA). This position could include travel up to 20% of the time for face-to-face professional development, student testing, and/or as required by the school.