Babylist is the leading digital destination for growing families. For over a decade, Babylist has been the technology solution for expecting parents and the community that supports them, expanding from baby registry into a full-service platform that helps parents make decisions with confidence, stay connected and build happy and healthy families. Every year Babylist helps over 9M people make purchases through its registry, app, ecommerce shop and comprehensive product guides. The Babylist ecosystem now includes Babylist Health, which provides access to products and services including insurance-covered breast pumps, Expectul, a new voice in health and wellness for pre-pregnancy through postpartum care, and The Push, a branded content studio that works with the biggest companies in the baby space. With over 59M monthly pageviews and 1.2M TikTok followers, Babylist is a generational brand leading the $88 billion baby product industry. To learn more about Babylist’s registry options, editorial content and more, visit www.babylist.com
Our Ways of Working
We have team members located across the United States spanning multiple time zones. This means we put in extra effort to make sure we connect and collaborate in ways that make sense for us. We know how valuable the flexibility of remote work is for our employees.
We know that personal connection is the foundation for the great work we do together. In order to build those relationships with team members in other cities, we meet with coworkers in person two times a year at a full company offsite and a departmental offsite. These offsites are expected of employees and are great opportunities to meet the people you work with every day and to do some of the work that is much more difficult to do virtually.
What the Role Is
The Babylist Health Customer Support Team is looking for a Support Operations Specialist to enable the Customer Support Team to efficiently provide an excellent experience to customers. The Support Operations Specialist will do this by implementing systematic adjustments to improve the support team’s effectiveness and the customer self serve experience. They will also solve problems within their team and with key cross-functional teams to improve customer experience.
The Support Operations Specialist will report to the Customer Support Manager of Babylist Health, and will work closely with Babylist Customer Support Leadership and cross-functional Leaders.
Who You Are
- 2+ years in a customer support operations, customer success or technical support environment
- Strong Zendesk Administrative Skills
- Strong cross-functional skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Attention to detail and consistency within all content
- Ability to quickly analyze and identify themes in quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to concisely present suggestions & make decisions based on quantitative and qualitative data
- Comfortable communicating openly, clearly, and regularly with the team
- Skillful listening, with the ability to seek input, analyze information, consider alternatives, and make holistic decisions
- Strives to understand and implement feedback and is thoughtful when giving it
- Ability to understand and communicate technical features to end-users
- Proven team player
- Strong understanding of how support teams operate
How You Will Make An Impact
- Become an expert in understanding the customer experience lifecycle, with a special focus on how customer support is involved
- Identify and flag potential problems in customer facing processes
- Periodically test the customer support experience on all channels and drive improvements
- Manage the Babylist Health Help Center
- Drive customer self-serve opportunities, including by helping implement and running the babylist health answerbot
- Partner with your manager to pull and analyze weekly reporting in our order platform and Zendesk
- Work closely with the Babylist Support Operations Team and Support Leaders to ensure consistency across the babylist and babylist health experiences where possible
- Contribute to cross-functional projects that improve the customer experience
- Utilize performance data to determine where we can improve agent handle time and maintain a high quality customer experience
- Periodically shadow Support agents to learn where efficiencies can be gained
- Be the Babylist Health Support documentation owner for processes and policies
- Create and manage macros to enable the team to answer repetitive questions quickly and accurately
- Help implement and run the babylist health agent assist AI tool
- Proactively partner with the other departments to gather the information needed to enable Customer Support to help customers effectively
- Help monitor internal slack channels, helping agents find the answers they need to help customers
- Support and deliver training as needed
- Understand processes well enough to jump in and help out if needed
Why You Will Love Working At Babylist
- We invest in the infrastructure you’ll need to be supported and successful: tools, opportunities to connect with colleagues, and a stipend to help you set up your office
- We build products that have a positive impact on millions of people’s lives
- We work at a sustainable pace which means work/life balance is a real thing here
- We believe technology and data can solve hard problems
- We believe in exceptional management
- We are an antiracist organization and doing the work to support differences of all kinds
- We offer competitive pay and meaningful opportunities for career advancement
- We have great benefits like company paid medical, dental, and vision, a generous paid parental leave policy, and 401k with company match
- We care about employee wellbeing with perks for physical, mental and emotional health, parenting, childcare, and financial planning
Babylist takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location.
The estimated pay range for this role is $43,990.00- $66,193.00
In addition, Babylist offers equity, bonus, and benefits, including company paid health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) matching, flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies.
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.