WalkMe pioneered the Digital Adoption Platform (DAP) to empower business leaders to realize the promise of technology in today’s overwhelming digital world. Through WalkMe’s guidance, engagement, insights, and automation, employees are more efficient, executives have better visibility into digital usage, and organizations maximize the full value of their digital assets to empower digital transformation.
We are looking for a highly motivated Staff Accountant with 1-2 years of experience to join the US Finance team based here in our San Francisco office. As a Staff Accountant, you will be supporting the accounting department and take ownership of various general ledger-related activities ranging from bank reconciliations to aspects of month-end close. We are looking for someone in the early stages of their accounting career eager to gain valuable experience while working both independently and collaboratively in a team. This role will report directly to the US Controller.
What You’ll Own
- Conduct bank reconciliations, matching cash inflows and outflows to ledger activity
- Apply payments from customers to open invoices, processing checks for weekly bank deposits and PayPal receipts for transfer
- Manage corporate credit card transactions, ensuring proper GL and cost center coding for entry
- Maintain Fixed Assets Module and related schedule
- Assist with the month-end close journal entries and preparation of reconciliations and schedules
- Assist with month-end flux analysis by providing insightful findings and commentary of variances
- Facilitate the Form 1099 process by monitoring the Vendor database and validating reportable data for accuracy and completeness for filing with the IRS
- Identify and assist in opportunities to optimize systems, automate accounting processes, and strengthen internal controls
- Assist accounting team with ad-hoc projects as needed
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 1-2 years of general accounting experience
- Experience with NetSuite, SAP, QuickBooks, or other ERP/accounting systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (Vlookups and Pivot tables)
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Deadline-focused and solutions-oriented with solid time management skills while managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
What You’ll Love About Us!
- Comprehensive Health Care Coverage for our Employees and Families, 401(k) program with company matching (up to $5,000), and a vacation policy to encourage a healthy work-life balance.
- WalkMe offices are open during Covid-19 for those who chose to come (vaccines required) with in-person and virtual social activities to promote positive employee engagement
- WalkMe is recognized as a Star Performer in DAP for the 2nd year in a row!
- WalkMe helps international companies such as: IBM, LinkedIn, Walgreens, Microsoft, Adobe, Hershey’s, Quest Diagnostics and more!
At WalkMe, we approach Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) with the same level of collaboration and innovation that we bring to the rest of our business. We believe in the value of diversity and are committed to ensuring an equitable and inclusive workplace where every employee has an equal opportunity to achieve success.
We’ve made this commitment not only because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we know that having diverse perspectives, experiences and identities on our team helps us to better meet the diverse needs of our global clients. While we’re not yet where we want to be, our goal is to create a workplace as fair and inclusive as our business is category defining. And at WalkMe, we achieve our goals.
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $80,000 and $100,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, benefits, and RSUs as part of our competitive total rewards package.