Dotdash Meredith is seeking a full-time Social Media Editor to join Parents, one of the largest and most well-respected parenting brands on the internet. We are looking for a digitally-savvy content enthusiast with a passion for all the things today’s families and caregivers care the most about.
In this role, you will report to and work closely with the Senior Social Media Editor of Parents to drive brand initiatives forward by promoting content and helping us continue to grow our social presence across existing and emerging platforms. You will partner regularly with shared teams including editorial, design, video, and more.
The ideal candidate is highly-organized, creative, and has their finger on the pulse of the family and parenting space on social media. This candidate knows how to balance fun, engaging content with posts that will also hit traffic goals—and they have values deeply rooted in diversity, equity, and inclusion as authentic representation is essential. Previous experience working in a fast-paced environment is a must.
About Your Contributions:
● Work with the senior social media editor to develop and execute a social growth strategy and social identity across all platforms, based on data and industry insights.
● Execute day-to-day posting on Parents social platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and TikTok.
● Write compelling, social-friendly, error-free copy for all social content that reflects our brand voice, core values, social media best practices, and visual identity.
● Work with the design team and visual editors to source and create original visual assets and ongoing series that align with our social identity.
● Collaborate with value-aligned social influencers, industry experts, brands, and organizations to coordinate takeovers, IG Lives, or other co-promotions.
● Contribute to developing and executing a social media growth strategy, including paid social efforts.
● Align with our digital edit team to launch and manage creative social campaigns that support on-site content and larger initiatives.
● Participate in new processes to review feedback from social media insights to inspire new content and/or update existing content to drive even more social traffic and engagement.
● Help track, analyze, and report quantitative metrics and performance insights, competitive analysis, and qualitative learnings to brand stakeholders.
● Communicate with our social community moderators to manage the community by moderating sensitive discussions and engaging followers daily through comments and DMs across platforms.
● Align with Dotdash Meredith’s other social media teams to adapt to ever-changing social media trends, tools, and usage patterns.
● 1-2 years of social media experience working for a brand or publication
● Organized, detail-oriented, and deadline-driven with a strong motivation to create social strategy and content that drives traffic and engagement
● Highly-creative with an eye for good copy writing and design experience to create social-first assets and talk through visual concepts with design partners
● Proactive with an entrepreneurial spirit, able to roll with the punches and take ownership of responsibilities in a fluid and fast-moving environment
● Team player with strong interpersonal communication skills, cultural competence, and the ability to partner with others with empathy and shared motivation
● Passionate about all things family and parenting
● Experience with and enthusiasm for social media schedulers, analytics tools, and visual asset creation tools (ex. True Anthem, Sprout Social, Google Analytics, Photoshop, Canva, etc.)
Pay RangeSalary: $45,500 – $65,000
The pay range above represents the anticipated low and high end of the pay range for this position and may change in the future. Actual pay may vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to work location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Dotdash Meredith’s total compensation package for employees. Other compensation may include annual bonuses, and short- and long-term incentives. In addition, Dotdash Meredith provides to employees (and their eligible family members) a variety of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, unlimited paid time off (PTO), adoption or surrogate assistance, donation matching, tuition reimbursement, basic life insurance, basic accidental death & dismemberment, supplemental life insurance, supplemental accident insurance, commuter benefits, short term and long term disability, health savings and flexible spending accounts, family care benefits, a generous 401K savings plan with a company match program, 10-12 paid holidays annually, and generous paid parental leave (birthing and non-birthing parents), all of which may vary depending on the specific nature of your employment with Dotdash Meredith and your work location. We also offer voluntary benefits such as pet insurance, accident, critical and hospital indemnity health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance. APPLY HERE