You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, national organization, you’ll have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
Candidates for this position must be in either the Eastern or Central Time Zone
Position Purpose: Codes, abstracts and analyzes inpatient and/or outpatient medical records using the most current International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision (ICD-10) for CMS risk adjustment purposes.
- Codes, abstracts and analyzes inpatient and/or outpatient medical records using International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision (ICD-10). Always coding to the highest level of specificity.
- Follows the Official ICD-10 guidelines for Coding and Reporting and has a complete understanding of these guidelines.
- Follows CMS risk adjustment guidelines and has a complete understanding of these guidelines.
- Understands the impact of ICD-10 codes on the CMS HCC risk adjustment model.
- Ability to meet productivity and accuracy standards
- Ability to defend coding decisions to both internal and external audits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
- Required A High School or GED
- Preferred A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Required 2+ years of experience in professional (medical) coding experience either in a hospital or physician setting
- Experience with Risk Adjustment coding is strongly preferred
Other Healthcare industry experience:
- Licenses and Certifications: A license in one of the following is required:
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
Pay Range: $21.93 – $37.30 per hour
Centene offers a comprehensive benefits package including: competitive pay, health insurance, 401K and stock purchase plans, tuition reimbursement, paid time off plus holidays, and a flexible approach to work with remote, hybrid, field or office work schedules. Actual pay will be adjusted based on an individual’s skills, experience, education, and other job-related factors permitted by law. Total compensation may also include additional forms of incentives. APPLY HERE