Job ID 2023-14533 # of Openings 1 External Job Type Full-Time Category Pharmacy Address 7125 Janes Avenue City Woodridge State IL Postal Code 60517
Symbria is looking for a Remote Pharmacy Order Entry LTC EMAR to join our growing team in Woodridge, IL!
The primary purpose of this position is computer data entry of medications and medical records into client’s Electronic Medical Records (EMR) System.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enter all medication orders and medical records into the client computer system accurately and timely as per facility specific Remote Data Entry training sheets.
- Process all medication and ancillary orders at a minimum productivity standard as follows:
o Length of employment – zero to three months: No minimum requirement – focus on data entry skills, order sorting and typing medication only admissions (see facility specific cheat sheet).
o Length of employment – four to six months: Minimum of 2 admission processing points per hour – focus on data entry and medical records entry skills while increasing speed and accuracy. *Admission Processing Points are the point value assigned to each facility according to average time spent to process that facilities’ orders.
o Length of employment – six months and beyond: Minimum of 3 admission processing points per hour – should be fluent in all aspects of Remote Data Entry and be able to assist in training of new employees. *Admission Processing Points are the point value assigned to each facility according to average time spent to process that facilities’ orders.
- Contact client for verification of orders as needed and document correspondence and follow up in the system.
- Prioritize order entry of admissions according to patient arrival time into the community.
- Perform reconciliation of skilled nursing community EMR orders against pharmacy order entry as assigned.
- Report pharmacy medication errors or order entry discrepancies to supervisor.
- Work collaboratively with other team members and supervisor to ensure that best-practices are shared.
- May assist with research of lost or missing orders per internal department request.
- Answer incoming calls promptly and provide high standard of customer services to the client.
- Fill out and complete the admission tracking spreadsheet and turn in to supervisor on the 15th and last day of each month, or as assigned.
- May provide backup support to other pharmacy groups based on business needs or production levels.
- Use Microsoft Teams (instant messenger) and comply with standard requirements, including:
o Communicate to the Data Operations group each time you are stepping away from your desk which includes, but not limited to, bathroom breaks, lunches, and at the beginning and end of each shift. Notify the group as soon as you return to work.
12-8:30pm Monday-Friday, rotating weekends (weekend hours differ) with days off during the week and currently no holidays- subject to change
EDUCATION AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
To perform this job successfully, the ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily is necessary and the qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Pharmacy Technician License and Certification (CPhT) as per State requirements.
- Medical records and data entry experience; minimum one year.
- General computer knowledge including Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong knowledge of pharmacy data entry and medical records ancillary orders (diet, lab, therapy, diagnosis, etc.) and brand/generic medications.
- Excellent time and data management skills and ability to prioritize workload.
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
REMOTE (HOME OFFICE) QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Must currently live in a state Symbria Rx Services is licensed in.
Illinois Pharmacy Technician license; current, in good standing and valid at all times during employment. Permanent residence with a defined working space and mailing address.
Must be willing and have ability to commute to the Woodridge, IL pharmacy location (or alternate company designated location) at a minimum once per year and no more than two times annually for any mandatory meeting and/or training.
Ability to complete I-9 work authorization in person preferably at either a Symbria Rx pharmacy location or Symbria Rehab community or may use a notary office as alternative.
Signed acknowledgement of Telecommuting Policy.