Threadless exists to help artists succeed. For over 20 years, we’ve partnered with hundreds of thousands of artists, promoting their independent art to millions of fans around the world. We are a diverse, global community of artists and those who support them.
But what’s our comic-book origin story? In 2000, we began as a t-shirt company based in our beloved hometown of Chicago. Since then, we’ve evolved into a fully remote company with a marketplace full of apparel, accessories, and home decor, powered by our Artist Shops community. We’re constantly searching for more products for our artists to use as canvases for their best, weirdest, nerdiest, and most beautiful art.
About our Community Experience Team
The Community Experience team at Threadless is responsible for supporting and keeping the company’s diverse community of international customers, artists, and designers happy and vibrant. We do this by providing excellent customer service, engaging with the community on social media, and creating a safe and inclusive environment for everyone. The Community Experience team is essential to Threadless’s success and helps to ensure that everyone who interacts with the company has a positive experience.
The Community Experience team also plays a role in shaping Threadless’s brand and culture. They work to create a community where everyone feels welcome and respected, and where they can express themselves creatively. The Community Experience team is a vital part of the Threadless ecosystem, contributing to the company’s mission of “making great art together.”
If you’re a people-oriented person with a knack for written communication, we want to hear from you!
- Work 5-6 hours per day, Monday through Friday (typically from 9am to 3pm CT with an average of 30 hours per week).
- Respond to customer inquiries, product and order questions, and concerns via email.
- Recommend solutions and workarounds to escalated situations through troubleshooting and collaborative problem solving.
- Promote a positive and friendly environment and build sustainable and mutually beneficial relationships between customers, artists, and the brand.
- Independently meet productivity (50-100 conversations per day) and satisfaction goals (90%+ customer happiness rating).
- Work remotely and be required to have an optimal work from home setup to ensure consistent productivity.
- Queue-based, written communication work accounts for a majority of the role.
- Overtime and weekend hours may be required at peak times.
- This is a 12-week seasonal contract position.
- Proactive and persistent. You’re not afraid to ask questions, are willing to ask for help, and welcome feedback from a team of peers.
- A person who chooses words, emojis, gifs, and punctuation carefully with strong attention to detail and written communication skills.
- Internally motivated with an ability to thrive in an ever changing, loosely structured environment.
- Adaptable and able to fit a diverse range of personalities and situations with different tones and communication styles, recognizing that customers’ needs are varied.
- Able to work efficiently in a remote work environment, self motivated, and able to focus focus on the tasks at hand, with minimal supervision.
- Someone who truly enjoys helping others and is willing to go the extra mile to deliver the best experience.
- Located within 100 miles of Chicago, IL. Applicants must be currently residing in IL, WI, or IN and be located in Central Standard time.
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years customer-facing experience required in a similar role (ecommerce, retail, hospitality, online support).
- Consistent and dependable WiFi and a personal workspace that allows you to be focused and work reliably.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as computer/software skills.
- A familiarity with our company, culture, and e-commerce site with a passion for Threadless’s design community and the opportunities that enable partners to harness the power of community-based design.
How to Apply
Along with your resume, please include a cover letter briefly connecting the dots from your current experience to this key role at Threadless. Be sure to also provide answers to the questions below.
- Why would you be a good fit for this role?
- Why do you want to work at Threadless?
- How you first heard about Threadless.
We’d love to get to know you more, so feel free to personalize your application. Bonus points for creativity!