The Processing Specialist is responsible for many of the background processes supporting the Student Financial Services team. Processes include, but are not limited to, packaging financial aid, reviewing and approving disbursements, processing R2T4s, verification, and determining credit balances. Also ensures that the university is in compliance with all applicable federal/state statutes and regulations.
- Maintain all tasks/responsibilities set by the leadership team.
- Ensure daily communication with the Department of Education systems, including importing and exporting Title IV aid data.
- Perform financial aid packaging.
- Review and approve federal aid, state grant, scholarship, and Title IV disbursements.
- Review and process credit balances.
- Timely and accurately review and process verification, c-codes, conflicting information, and professional judgment.
- Process R2T4s, ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Review and process adjustments as a result of quality assurance review outcomes.
- Process state and proration calculations.
- Utilizes departmental KPIs and individual metrics, which are measured for successful completion, when processing.
- Performs functions utilizing regulatory knowledge and in alignment with federal regulatory expectations.
- Participate in ongoing department projects, or other special projects, as needed.
- Reasonable and consistent attendance to fulfill requirements of the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisor duties to include:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in accounting, financials, or related experience is required.
- Experience with data processing and automated records maintenance systems preferred.
- Experience with online delivery of education preferred.
- Experience with non-term semesters preferred.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
- Experience working in a technology-driven enterprise preferred.
- All skills, abilities and education will be considered for minimum qualifications.
- Knowledge of available private, state, and federal financial aid programs and regulations.
- Knowledge of academic and business practices in an online environment.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures, including policy updates.
- Knowledge of financial aid software or agility within financial aid technical systems
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and problem-solve.
- Ability to use and facilitate online communication using email and/or other technology-based communication media.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to prepare letters, reports, and business correspondence.
- Must be able to consistently display the highest level of integrity.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work well in teams, while contributing to positive and productive team atmosphere, working conditions, etc.
- Skill in utilizing technology, including ability to navigate web sites, perform word processing, create spreadsheets, send e-mail and electronic messages.
- Strong understanding of the University mission, vision, values, goals, and strategies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and other applications in the Microsoft Office suite.
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures and viewing a computer terminal. The work is performed in an office environment.
Travel: No Travel Required
Candidate receiving offers will be offered a salary/pay rate commensurate with experience that vary based on a candidate’s qualifications, skills, and competencies. Absent exceptional circumstances, candidates will be offered a salary within this range for this position. The minimum salary will be offered based on the minimum exemption threshold based on state of residency. Base pay is one component of National University’s total rewards package, as we are dedicated to supporting the needs of the “whole you” with our holistic approach to employee benefits by offering comprehensive well-being benefits for you and your family. For full details about our benefit plan offerings, please visit benefits.nu.edu. For Part-time benefits, please click here.
Compensation Range:Hourly: $19.23 – $21.63
National University is committed to maintaining a high-quality, diverse workforce representative of the populations we serve. National University employs more than 5,000 faculty and staff and serves over 41,000 students. We are united in our mission to meet the global education demands of the 21st Century and are dedicated to creating a supportive academic and work environment that allows students, faculty and staff to develop their interests and talents while experiencing a sense of community and a commitment to diversity. With programs available both online and at our many campus locations, National University is a leader in creating innovative solutions to education and meeting the needs of our diverse student population, including adult learners and working professionals.