Employer: USAble Life
When it comes to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our customers and employees, USAble Life (a Life & Specialty Ventures Company) is always ready.
At USAble Life, we strive to have a positive impact in the lives of others, especially our employees. We are a diverse group of individuals working together to go the extra mile. Bring your talents and expertise to join our team, and you’ll be rewarded with opportunities for personal and professional development. Our passion for delivering the best products is matched by our passion for our people.
USAble Life has made Arkansas Business Magazine’s list of â€œBest Places to Workâ€ for an impressive fifth consecutive year in a row! This, coupled with our engaging culture and a comprehensive benefits package, ensures we are committed to our employees.
Life Takes You Places! Are you ready to join us?
Premium Billing Specialist Overview:
- This is a remote position. Applicants must be able to work Central Time Zone Hours.
- This is a multi-level position and depends on experience
- Reconcile and process premium billings and balances daily reports.
- Prepares system-generated individual premium billings for mailing.
- Maintain and research premium suspense as well as premium refunds and correspondence.
- Prepare necessary correspondence for conservation of individual products.
- Provide cooperative, courteous, responsive service and information to internal and external clients, creating positive working relationships.
- Analyze, process, and accurately reconcile and post group payments in a timely manner.
- Analyze and research suspense on the groups to ensure premiums are posted correctly.
- Complete Payment Audits for groups in MS Excel.
- Achieve acceptable quality and productivity benchmarks by multi-tasking in high volume environment daily
- Process remittances promptly, accurately, and independently, consistently meeting or exceeding strict quality and timing standards.
- Educate customers regarding the availability of receiving invoices and remitting payments through online applications and/or proper documentation remitted to lockbox.
- Have excellent written communication skills, strong product knowledge and procedure expertise.
- Work collaboratively with internal customers to meet established departmental service level goals.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 10-key by touch skills
- Intermediate MS Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to compose professional correspondence
- Excellent problem solving and research skills
- Ability to maintain attention to detail with a low error rate
- Ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task and handle deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to perform accounting research in servicing system
Required Education and Experience:
- A Premium Billing Specialist I will have a high school diploma and 1 to 3 years general accounting, payroll, or accounts payable experience.
- A Premium Billing Specialist II will have a high school diploma and 2 to 4 years of general accounting, payroll, accounts payable or insurance experience.
- A Premium Billing Specialist II will have a high school diploma and 4-6 years of general accounting, payroll, accounts payable or insurance experience.
- Or, equivalent military experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
- LOMA 280 & 290; FLMI
- Bachelors degree