This role requires availability for our Monday- Friday: 1:30 PM – 10:00 PM EST shift. This role also requires an active national pharmacy technician certification through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
Founded in 1985, SelectQuote (NYSE: SLQT) provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. SelectRX, a subsidiary of SelectQuote, is prioritizing important population health initiatives focused on actively managed, high-touch patient experience by improving patient engagement and health literacy, simplifying the healthcare journey and facilitating better healthcare options through value-based partnerships.
SelectRX is a high touch, technology-driven specialized medication management pharmacy. We engage virtually with patients to ensure accurate prescription records are maintained in order to achieve improved prescription drug adherence. SelectRX does this by providing a personalized clinical approach driven by a robust technology platform to track adherence with a world-class pharmaceutical packing and distribution facility.
The Remote Data Entry (DE) Pharmacy Technician assist licensed pharmacists from a remote location in the preparation of prescriptions and other health related products as permitted by Federal, State, and local law. This position achieves customer satisfaction by promptly processing and filling prescriptions accurately and timely through the accurate data entry of all assigned data entry tasks. DE Pharmacy Technicians refer any questions regarding prescriptions, drug information, or health matters to a pharmacist. This position maintains the policies and procedures of the SelectRx Pharmacy Department.
The Remote DE Pharmacy Technician is responsible for the entry and processing of medication orders into the pharmacy operating system. Pharmacy technicians are expected to have a positive attitude and work well in a team environment, must be dependable, possess a strong work ethic and have reliable attendance.
SelectRx requires that all Remote DE Pharmacy Technicians must attain and maintain the State of IN Pharmacy Technician licensing standards to carry out the duties and responsibilities required to be a part of the distribution of pharmaceuticals.
- Perform medication history interviews, food-drug interaction counseling, processing prescriptions following all prescription error prevention procedures
- Processes/enters prescriptions accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to use multiple software programs to review patient profiles and process medications orders which includes:
- Hand-written Physician Order Sheets
- Electronic Prescriptions
- Reorder Requests
- Phone Order Physician Sheets
- Ability to enter correct hour of administration on prescription for automated/robotic dispensing devices to fulfill and package medications
- Spot errors and follow procedures
- Maintain patient records with strong attention to detail
- Verifying the accuracy of patient and prescription information
- Refer prescription questions to Pharmacist/Supervisor
- Understand and always maintain confidentiality regarding patient medications and illnesses.
- All tasks and duties must be completed in accordance and compliance with HIPPA guidelines, State and Federal laws, and current company policies and procedures
- Does not inappropriately access, listen to, or distribute any sensitive information or allow others to do so. Confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
- The individual is responsible for understanding all the applicable policies and procedures of the department necessary to perform essential job function.
- Performs duties and responsibilities according to the philosophy and standards of SelectRx including conveying courtesy, respect, enthusiasm and positive attitudes in work situations with clients, peers and visitors; maintains client and associate confidentiality. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description as directed by Administration
- Ability to read prescriptions, SIG codes, to document information on prescriptions, third party forms, inter-office order forms, and communication forms
- Learn and retain information to include but not limited to product names and locations as well as drug usage instructions (SIG codes)
- Enter and retrieve data from the various operating systems employed in prescription processing and drug ordering and packaging
- Service orientated high degree of interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrates appropriate written and oral communication skills
- High degree of interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management, associates, clients, and public.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Remote Pharmacy DE Technician must be fully licensed technicians in the state of Indiana
- SelectRx will support any potential or current unlicensed remote DE Pharmacy Technician employee, who must pass this required credentialing within 10 business days to take the initial IN Pharmacy Technician examination.
- Non-licensed Remote DE pharmacy technicians must pass the Pharmacy Technician credentialing within 10 days. The individual is allowed to take the initial examination a total of 3 times.
- If an individual is unable to match the pace required to complete the licensing training objectives in the allotted time, corrective action will be taken.
- Failure to pass the certification curriculum by the third attempt, or if the individual is unable to obtain an Indiana license after a maximum of three (3) total attempts, will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
- All employees must complete required employer orientation and ongoing training needs as directed by pharmacy
It’s an exciting time to join SelectRX, a subsidiary of SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree. SelectRX strives to be a one-stop-shop for Senior Health Information needs, including Medicare Plan Benefits, Healthcare Literacy, Value-Based primary Care, Prescription Drug Management and Patient Engagement.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.