CPSI is a proud equal opportunity employer (EOE). However you identify and whatever background you bring, we welcome you to apply to any role that would make you excited to work in healthcare. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law. We are committed to being a company where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
HRG, a partner with TruBridge, subsidiary of CPSI, is seeking a Medical Coding Specialist to join our growing team. As a team, we are committed to providing extraordinary service delivered with the utmost integrity and professionalism.
This role is 100% remote, with awesome benefits and perks, including:
- Flexible scheduling
- Work from home
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) with matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Health / Flexible spending account
- Life, disability, and catastrophic insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
The HIM Coding Specialist will handle medical coding and data entry/abstraction for various types of Hospital visits (Inpatient, Outpatient, Ambulatory, Surgery, Emergency and Special Procedures). Below is a summary of duties and responsibilities.
- Correctly assign ICD-9-CM primary and secondary diagnoses and procedure codes based upon documentation in the medical record
- Correctly assign modifiers to charge master items and coder assigned CPT codes, as appropriate
- Correctly assign CPT codes to outpatient procedures consistent with client contract and documentation in the medical record
- Correctly assign E&M levels on ER facility and professional fees
- Create compliant physician queries
- Correctly and compliantly review claims for medical necessity
- Update problem list consistent with client contract
- Correctly assign present on admission indicators
- Correctly and compliantly select DRG
- Provide excellent customer service
All Coding Positions require:
Coding Credential Required: AHIMA or AAPC credential (RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CPC, or COC)
2 – 5 years medical coding experience
- Base download/upload internet speed of at least 5MbpsÂ SATELLITE/HOT SPOT INTERNET IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
- Company provided equipment
- Quiet, dedicated space to work