Employer: Change Healthcare
The General Clerk performs a variety of clerical duties, such as responding to/resolving correspondence, working interface edits, back end edits and reconciliation of charges. Collects information for specified report formats. Maintains files, proofreading, completing forms and checking for accuracy, answering telephones and simple typing.
What are the requirements?
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- 1 year professional work experience
What critical skills are needed for you to consider someone for this position?
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Excel
- Good typing speed with high accuracy
- Production oriented to meet productivity standards
- Identify issues and trends and bring them to the attention of the management team
- Completion and/or review of all demographic information needed to properly generate billing
- Timely and accurate entry of charge information
- Client log reconciliation as required
- Handling of insurance denial data
- Forwarding of necessary data to A/R as required
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Medical billing experience
- Healthcare industry experience
- Strong data entry skills
- Must be proficient with ten key punch
- Must have strong problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and be detail oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good telephone etiquette
- Must maintain patient/client confidentiality with an understanding of HIPAA law
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Careers Transforming the Healthcare System
Who is Change Healthcare? We are a leading technology company inspiring a better healthcare system. Through innovative technology solutions like cutting-edge cloud technology, artificial intelligence, and data insights, we drive better patient outcomes, reduce costs, and create value for our partners.
Positive Impact and Shared Purpose. Through visionary leadership and a culture of collaboration, we share a common purpose to positively impact our communities by creating a stronger, better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system.
Employee Experience, Cultural Values, and Total Rewards. We celebrate diversity and earn trust with our employees by promoting innovation at every level within the organization. Our teams are agile, and their work is fast paced and engaging. We’re committed to providing competitive compensation that rewards and recognizes performance, offer well-being programs that empower your overall health, and provide learning and development opportunities to accelerate your professional growth.
Find Your Path. Whether you’re ready to make an impact in technology and product innovation or support our mission to inspire a better healthcare system in a variety of career areas, find your path and accelerate your career. What are you waiting for?
Feeling Inspired? Ready to Make a Change? Learn how Change Healthcare can transform your career and apply today!