Freelance Email Designer
Reporting to: Art Director
Location: New York, NY / Open to Remote
What is Bilt?
Bilt Rewards is the first program for consumers to earn rewards on rent and daily neighborhood spend while creating a path towards home ownership.
With an alliance of the nation’s largest real estate owners, Bilt Rewards enables renters in more than three million units across the country to earn points just by paying rent.
Bilt Rewards boasts one of the highest value rewards programs on the market today, including one-to-one point transfers to twelve loyalty programs allowing members to travel across more than 100 major airlines and hotel partners; fitness classes at the country’s top boutique studios; limited-edition and exclusive collections of art and home decor through the Bilt Collection, and the ability to use points for rent credits or towards a future downpayment.
Bilt has also partnered with Mastercard to create the Bilt Mastercard – the first and only credit card that can be used to pay rent with no fees
What’s the role?
Reporting to the Art Director on the Marketing team, this role would be responsible for supporting the creative department with technical and graphic design. While primarily focused on end-to-end email construction and design, this role may also include supporting the creative team with other technical design projects. This will be a contract role. We expect this person to be available 20 hours a week and available to take weekly check-in calls with our Art Director and VP, Lifecycle Marketing.
We are looking for a candidate who possesses the technical and creative expertise to design and edit original and precise designs to communicate our sales and marketing strategy effectively and within the constraints of brand guidelines.
In this role, you will…
- Create and manage high-end digital collateral including end-to-end email design.
- Generate custom imagery, infographics, icons, and GIFs to support email content.
- Communicate between teams to ensure visibility and brand consistency.
- Maintain our Bilt Brand & Visual Identity Guidelines and support key stakeholders with logo size and placement, color and font review, branded URL review, product name review, and brand education (CX)
- Assist on technical design projects, including (but not limited to): Product design support, print and packaging material design and execution, and digital marketing campaigns.
In terms of qualifications, we’re seeking:
- Experience designing marketing collateral in a corporate marketing department within strict brand guidelines
- Must have experience in designing emails
- Advanced Figma skills
- Experience designing for a B2B or B2B2C business model
- Understanding/knowledge of basic web and/or product design.
- Advanced Adobe Creative Design Suite skills (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat)
- Experience creating visual identity guidelines (fonts, palettes, logos, etc.)
- Basic GIF creation/animation skills preferred
- Html (not essential but any experience is beneficial)
- Highly communicative with all project stakeholders up to and after the completion of each task
At Bilt Rewards, we believe in transparency and we do our best to make sure the company and our candidates are on the same page as it relates to compensation. In addition to posting salary ranges for our open roles, candidates should expect to be asked about compensation expectations and requirements early on in their interview process. Our goal is to highlight when expectations and Bilt’s salary range may be out of sync, and work with the candidate to determine whether it makes sense to continue conversations.
We are considering candidates with differing levels of expertise for this position. Leveling will be based upon your experience and performance in the interview process.
Where a new hire falls within a range will be based on their individual skills and experience, and how these competencies compare across other employees in the same role. Bilt’s bands are designed to allow for individual compensation growth within the role. As such, new hires typically start at the lower end of the range. Bilt rewards performance and outcomes – should you join the company, you will have the opportunity to grow your salary over time.
This hourly range for a Freelance Email Designer is $125 – 150. APPLY HERE