Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do, and we start by taking care of you, our valued colleague. A career at Sedgwick means experiencing our culture of caring. It means having flexibility and time for all the things that are important to you. It’s an opportunity to do something meaningful, each and every day. It’s having support for your mental, physical, financial and professional needs. It means sharpening your skills and growing your career. And it means working in an environment that celebrates diversity and is fair and inclusive.
A career at Sedgwick is where passion meets purpose to make a positive impact on the world through the people and organizations we serve. If you are someone who is driven to make a difference, who enjoys a challenge and above all, if you’re someone who cares, there’s a place for you here. Join us and contribute to Sedgwick being a great place to work.
Great Place to Work®
Most Loved Workplace®
Forbes Best-in-State EmployerEntry Level Billing Specialist
Schedule: Sunday – Thursday: 10am-7pm
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To provide monitoring payment for a mix of standard and complex outstanding receivable bills.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contacts broker/account on payment discrepancies and unpaid bills to resolve outstanding receivables in a timely fashion.
- Processes and corrects external entries.
- Researches payment deficiencies and reconciles outstanding invoices; disburses overpayments on true-up invoices.
- Independently reviews and interprets sold documentation and completes Billing set-up.Job summaryProvide general billing / collections support to ensure effective invoicing of all client bills as well as provide general accounting/administrative support. Also provide phone and hotel booking / housing services / phone support as needed during the working hours. Summary of essential job functions
- Quality check hotel folios and send partial/final invoices to adjusters.
- Research problem folios and resolve with Hotels.
- Produce bi-monthly adjuster housing billing for adjuster placements.
- Reconcile VISA hotel charges downloaded into TAAccess.
- Review hotel charges vs. billed income to ensure all hotel stays are profitable and claim profitability tickets and work to resolve
- Review pre-billing reports and produce invoices as necessary.
- Book hotel stays for displaced policyholders
- Confirm all necessary adjuster approvals are notated in file.
- Assist in adding abatement charges to insured ledger and abatement/deductible credits to adjuster ledger.
- Review ALE to confirm we are not over policy limits.
- Assist with quality checking and billing of long-term placements as needed; including to confirm deposits have been collected by policyholder to billed to adjuster
- Assist in adding and billing rent increases and furniture or other add-ons.
- Assist with creating invoices for bulk monthly billing for all LTP files as needed.
- Assist with credit ledgers or furniture pick-ups, early move outs, partial pick-ups, etc.
- Assist In helping answer adjuster questions In Regards to ALE remaining and spent
- Assist with monitoring management caps and cut off or apply credits as needed.
- Assist with adjuster collection issues when needed.
- Call block
- Assist Housing Coordinators, Housing Support and Hotel Coordinators in resolving questions and issues with hotel and long-term placement invoices.
- Provide Accounting and Clerical Support to Accounting Team through billing, collections and other responsibilities as needed.
Minimum Work ExperienceMinimum of three (3) years of experience in accounting and general office experience.
Minimum requirementHigh School diploma or GED.BA degree in Business or Finance preferred.Strong math skills, attention to detail and research skills.Possesses excellent communication, grammar and phone skills.Ability to work independently, show initiative and meet deadlines.Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.