Now is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career.
We are currently hiring for a Part-Time Development Coordinator to assist our School Engagement teams across the Midwest region, specificially for the North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Ohio, Kentucky, Iowa, and Nebraska territories. This is a temporary position starting in September 2023 and concluding April 2023 and offers 25 hours/week.
This is a home-based position and can be located anywhere in the Midwest.
The Association offers many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as additional training and support, locally.
#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus on work-life harmonization and our Guiding Values. Discover why you will Be Seen.
- Creates & coordinates all School Engagement classroom challenge email templates, helping to procure teacher lists, sending out emails to schools and helping staff stay on timeline.
- Logs into Top 25 school and Tier One school sites to send email on behalf of the volunteer coordinator where permission has been granted to effectively drive online registration & revenue.
- Works with school communications coordinators at Tier One and Hero schools to ensure fulfillment of a multi-stage communication plan before and during the school event.
- Covers School Engagement Director duties when staff vacancies occur due to staff turnover and/or short-term disability. Most of this can be done from virtual/video meetings, emails, text messages and phone calls.
- Coordinates recruitment and materials mailings and inventory management, troubleshooting, follow-up, and status updates.
- Prepares and maintains fundraising materials and presentations as well as event collateral and marketing material. Coordinate logistics for auxiliary events and sponsorship meetings.
- Prepares and communicates schedules, meetings and ensures deadlines are met.
- Performs administrative duties as required or requested.
- May assist with collecting and depositing donations.
- 1+ years of related administrative experience preferred. New grads are welcome and encouraged to apply.
- Must have earned a high school diploma or GED.
- Experience and skill in using a database management system, preferably a CRM specific program.
- Must have at least intermediate knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office used for word processing, email, presentations, and spreadsheets. Advanced knowledge and skill with these programs is preferred. These skills are subject to testing.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks/projects.
- Skill and ability in providing customer service at an excellent level to internal and external customers and partners.
Compensation & Benefits
The American Heart Association invests in its people. Here are the main components of our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
- Compensation – Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base salary. That’s why we regularly review the market value of jobs and make adjustments, as needed.
- Performance and Recognition – You are rewarded for achieving success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the type of position.
- Benefits – We offer a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being, we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
- Professional Development – You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Association’s national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.
- Work-Life Harmonization – The Association offers Paid Time Off (PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes several days off at the end of the year.
- Tuition Assistance – We support the career development of all employees. This program provides financial assistance to employees who wish to further their education and career in relation to their current duties and responsibilities, or for potential future positions in the organization.