Join Our Community of Food People!The Data Scientist will be assigned (based on experience & skill set) to one of two specific supply chain functions supporting either Transportation, Routing, & Logistics or Supply Chain Replenishment Analytics & Inventory Optimization. The data scientist role executes statistical and mathematical analyses to support business decision making. In this role, you will support artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) in a deployed production environment. You will determine the analytics approach to solve business problems by incorporating AI/ML algorithms where appropriate.
Please indicate in your application which area you are specifically skilled (i.e. Supply Chain, Transportation, Routing or Logistics).
We are unable to provide sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., OPT, F-1, H-1B visa status). Candidates who require sponsorship and are not eligible to work in the United States are not eligible to apply.
This position is remote/virtual which means the work can be completed from anywhere in the United States except Hawaii or United States Territories.
Please note: We are unable to provide sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., OPT, F-1, H-1B visa status). Candidates who require sponsorship and are not eligible to work in the United States are not eligible to apply.
As a Data Scientist, you will be expected to:
• Data Preparation: Employ scaling & automation to data preparation techniques
• Standards and Best Practices: Contribute to the data science archive of features and products for cross-functional consumption
• Collaboration: Partner with more senior team members for completion of ad-hoc analyses, joint coding and reviews, and data storytelling preparation.
• Model Development & Execution: Develop and deploy artificial intelligence/ machine learning models using Python and open source libraries
• Communication: Present findings and insights on various data science tasks to other data science and decision science team members
• Coaching and Mentoring: Provide task guidance to associate data scientist team members
• Perform other duties as assigned by your manager
• Internal: Frontline associates & managers within Insights & Analytics as well as in other orgs requesting data (e.g. Supply Chain, Sales).
• External: N/A
• Inside office
• Internal Associate facing
• Up to 10% travel, as determined by business need
As a Data Scientist, you have:
• A Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, data science, operations research, applied analytics, computer science, information systems, or another quantitative field
• Three years industry experience in data science
• Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to adapt communication style to technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
• Advanced skills and experience with Microsoft Office
• Intermediate proficiency in statistical modeling and supervised / unsupervised machine learning approaches including optimization, regression, tree models, survival analysis, cluster analysis, forecasting, anomaly detection, and association rules
• Experience developing and deploying AI/ML models utilizing open source libraries
• Intermediate proficiency across data ETL utilizing SQL and Python; experience scaling and automating data preparation techniques
• Intermediate experience across analytics and data science programming languages and platforms including Python, R, and MATLAB
• Introductory experience on Cloud platforms utilizing Azure, AWS, or GCP
The following information is provided in accordance with certain state and local laws. Compensation depends on experience, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by law. In Colorado, the expected compensation for this role is between $83,400.00 and $111,200.00. In New York City, the expected compensation for this role is between $92,800.00 to $123,800.00. In California and Washington, the expected compensation for this role is between $88,200.00 and $117,600.00. This role is also eligible for an annual incentive plan bonus. Other benefits for this role include health insurance, pre-tax spending accounts, retirement benefits, paid time off, short-term and long-term disability, employee stock purchase plan, and life insurance. To review available benefits,