This role will be working with the Lead Conversational Designer and broader team to conceptualize conversational design and opportunities to improve the student journey. This cross-functional team is responsible for applying automation and AI technologies, primarily conversational AI (chatbots), to define, design, and refine a frictionless end-to-end service and support experience for our students.
Expertise will include strong contextual writing abilities, envisioning end-to-end learning experiences utilizing conversational Ai as the primary interface. This is a hands-on role that requires expert creative and conversational scripting skills that allow users to have effective and engaging conversational experiences via conversational AI design practices, tools, and technology. The contributions of this role will grow to help define and shape a new conversational design practice within Strategic Education.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Engage and develop user stories for proposed and existing conversational interaction experiences to support new products or enhancements, and deploy solutions at scale.
- Design conversational stories, task flows, and mockups.
- Spearhead copywriting of a new language, rewriting existing language from FAQ and SOPs, creative conception, and overall intent library management.
- Collaborate with IT development, quality and conversation analysts, and business partners to create an enhanced conversational experience through design and analytics and conversational quality validations.
- Creation and management of entities.
- Assist in the development of guidelines, best practices, and resources to assist in conversational design.
- Perform analysis of conversation paths and flows to identify opportunities and inform future designs and refine the personality and voice of the virtual agent.
- Apply concepts and practices related to Natural language Processing/Understanding and conversational design.
- Effectively communicate both internally and externally.
- Deep knowledge of conversational design and proven experience.
- Experience utilizing DialogFlow to build conversational experiences.
- Ability to meet deadlines and communicate the status of assignments; unwavering focus on details, yet comfortable with tight deadlines.
- Experience extracting insights based on student feedback from satisfaction surveys, conversational flows, and help-ticket cases.
- Analytical experience.
- Ability to collaborate with remote and cross-functional groups.
- Problem solving; ability to overcome obstacles with a positive resolution.
- Curiosity and willingness to learn new skills related to applying conversational design and new technologies to improve the student experience and service.
- Using imagination to redefine how we service our customers in the easiest way possible.
- 1-2 years of experience focused on conversational design.
- 6 months to 1 year of experience with chatbot frameworks such as DialogFlow, Rasa, Amazon Lex, or Microsoft LUIS/Bot Framework.
- Design experience within the product for conversational AI.
- Expertise in conversational design best practices and analytics that can help guide design.
- Understanding of ML and conversational structure.
- Understanding of product life cycle and creation of content, intents, entities, cards, carousels, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required from an accredited institution.
Certificates, licenses and registrations:
- NLP and/or conversational design certifications (preferred).
- Must have the flexibility to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant.
- Must have the ability to work remotely.
- Access information using a computer.
- Effectively cope with stressful situations.
- Strong mental acuity.