Community Management Intern
Applause provides quality assurance solutions to brands around the world, powered by our global community of freelance testers on uTest (our community site). Applause’s Community Management team helps drive our business by keeping our growing community of freelance testers engaged, and they are seeking an enthusiastic and creative intern who is passionate about digital communications.
If you are an operational-focused student looking to learn how to utilize community support, marketing strategies, and operational data points to impact a business, this role may be for you! This is a paid internship opportunity for up to 29 hours a week, for a minimum of 6 months.
- Ability to multi-task and identify order of importance from assigned duties
- Creative thinker with a knack for writing and communicating
- Experience with customer service
- Attention to detail and a passion for delivering excellence
- Interest in social media
- Google Suite/Microsoft Suite experience
- Assist in providing support to our community of over 1,000,000 freelance software testers from 240 countries and territories around the world
- Interact with our worldwide community of freelance software testers within our own uTest Community site
- Help support our Community Managers, and larger Community Team, by performing data pulls from both internal and external sources
- Execute ad hoc tasks with the purpose of increasing uTest and Applause visibility within the testing and digital experience communities
- Assist in content-creation and contest management for our community
The ideal candidate will:
- Love customer support, and be excited to take on the challenge of assisting our global freelancers with their questions and issues
- Come with a willingness to learn all about how uTest works, to better serve our testers
- Have a great attitude and showcase patience, empathy and clarity in your communication skills
- Have excellent copywriting and proof-reading skills
- Be a team player who loves brainstorming and helping others
- Love the challenge of perpetually developing new content
- Be excited to work within an international team and for an international community!
This is a paid internship and you will receive $17.00 per hour.
Who We Are:
Applause leverages its worldwide community of on-demand digital testing professionals to create curated and vetted testing teams who provide our clients with a full suite of testing and feedback solutions. Our white glove approach seamlessly integrates with any SDLC process, enabling leading brandsacross all industriesto increase development velocity and deliver high-quality digital experiences to their customers.
Applause is a place where everyone belongs and where we believe everyone deserves the exceptional. Since our founding, we have continued to celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We have a global workforce that, like our crowd, embraces diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities. Our employees bring their true self to Applause. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you are qualified to perform the essential functions of this job, but believe you require a reasonable accommodation to do so, please click here to complete an accommodation request. Please note Applause will only review requests for applications that have been submitted. We will review your qualifications and follow up with you regarding your request if your qualifications meet our current needs.