Employer: American Specialty Health
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a focused Claims Examiner to work in a production environment. This position is responsible for the accurate review, input and adjudication of claims in accordance with regulations, ASH standards and contractual obligations of the organization. Claims is an integral department of American Specialty Health’s offerings to empower people to live longer and healthier lives. We’re responsible for tracking the receipt of claims, adjudication and payment of claims. Due to the nature of the business and always evolving rules and guidelines, Claims is a fun and fast-paced team that enjoys working side by side, developing new ideas for efficiency, and prioritizes a strong focus on exceeding regulatory and contractual standards. Our driving mission is to offer world-class customer service (and expedited reimbursement) to healthcare providers on behalf of our members. Claims offers a career path progression that begins upon hire and allows development-focused staff to achieve two promotions in just one year. We succeed as a team and we prioritize professional development, considering ourselves an operational springboard to spring talented and driven employees toward their future goals.
Remote Worker Considerations:
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment.
- Processes claims accurately and efficiently.
- Reviews all incoming claims to verify necessary information.
- Determines that correct member and provider records are chosen and utilized to process claims.
- Enters claims data and information into the computerized Claims Processing System.
- Maintains all required documentation of claims processed and claims on hand.
- Adjudicates claims in accordance with departmental policies, procedures, state and accreditation standards and other applicable rules.
- Maintains production standards; for direct data entry claims this includes processing an average of 31 claims per hour, with an accuracy rate of 98.5% over each pay period.
- Verifies data of scanned paper claims at stated standards.
- Provides backup for other examiners within the department.
- Promotes a spirit of cooperation and understanding among all personnel.
- Attends organizational meetings as required.
- Adheres to organizational policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of all claim files, claims reports, and claims related issues.
- High school diploma required.
- 6 months data entry experience with 10 key and word processing; minimum 10,000 keystrokes per hour required.
- Experience processing medical claims and knowledge of medical billing terminology and coding strongly preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Ability to work and maintain production in a work-from-home (WFH) environment
- Demonstrated ability to show self-discipline to meet production goals.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations, and procedures to develop effective solutions, and to utilize constructive criticism to improve.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Work-from-home (WFH) office setting
This job posting is not applicable in CO.