Employer: UnitedHealth Group
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
Must be able to work Pacific standard time
This is a challenging role that requires consistence performance by delivering excellence and high-quality results. It’s a fast-paced environment that requires focus and ability to multi-task throughout the day. This is a 40-hour, full time role working flexible shifts, sometimes including evenings or Saturdays. We require our employees to be flexible enough to work any shift, any day of the week during those hours.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Perform research on various computer systems and document customer information regarding status, payment expectations, notes of conversations and other relevant information
- Retrieval of electronic payment data, review and interpretation of electronic and paper EOB’s, verification of contractual write off amounts and data entry and balancing of payment data to patient accounts according to payer or program specifications; performs other related duties as assigned.
- Accurately post transaction (payments and adjustments) from various sources on a daily basis. Payment sources include Electronic Remittances, Lockboxes with paper checks and EOB’s, patients, collection agencies, credit cards.
- Collaborate with the manager and team to research third party medical and administrative policy that may affect billing operations – communicating relevant changes to supervisor and manager.
- Able to reconcile monthly Reconciliation Spreadsheets and balance. Recognize trends and report them to management.
- Research unidentified payments, prepares refund requests and have extensive knowledge of recoupments. Poster will be expected to maintain department expectations and hold a high production level.
- Contact payers regarding missing files and payments and/or other claim related issues.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service experience OR 1+ years of experience in an office setting environment
- Demonstrated ability in using a computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Ability to successfully complete the UnitedHealth Group new hire training with demonstrated proficiency
- Ability to work an 8-hour shift Monday through Friday (if the month ends on a weekend, then you will have to work on that Saturday)
- 1+ years of electronic cash posting and reconciliation experience in a managed care (hospital, physician office, clinic, insurance company, etc.) setting
- 1+ years of experience and / or knowledge of accounting functions
- Make accurate mathematical computations and comparisons
- Operate 10 key with speed and accuracy
- Intermediate or Advanced Microsoft Office Suite experience in a professional setting – Microsoft Word (create and edit correspondence), Microsoft Excel (ability to create, edit, and sort spreadsheets, basic analytical formulas (VLOOKUP, if). Microsoft PowerPoint (ability to create and edit slides), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Read, comprehend, and apply moderately complex information from procedure manuals
- Concentrate and attend to detail under pressure from volume and time constraints to effectively meet production expectations, including the ability to multi-task
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of daily work, communicate clearly and concisely
- Maintain flexibility and adjust priorities as circumstances arise
- Maintain confidentiality of patient data and patient accounting transactions