Employer: UNC Health Care
Did you know UNC Health has Ranked #2 Most Trusted Healthcare Brand in the U.S.? The UNC Health brand was ranked as the #4 healthcare brand in the United States overall and the #2 most trusted healthcare brand, just after Johns Hopkins and before Mass General. Join our One-Great-Team!
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides coordination to Cancer Tumor Registry staff and oversees day-to-day Cancer Registry activities including data collection, coding, and data entry, analyzing, editing, and reporting of cancer patient data to the NC Department of Health & Human Services ? NC Central Cancer Registry and the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
Incentive Offerings: Full time Commitment Incentive (effective to those with a start date of 5/30/2022 or after. End – TBD and re-evaluated by administration.)
$2,500 – Payment is spread over a two (2) year period. Equal installments of $625 will be made after each six (6) month period of work is completed, for up to two (2) years.
Incentives are applicable to full time Cancer Registry Coordinator and full time or part time Cancer Registrar positions within UNC Rex Healthcare. CTR license required.
- For full time positions, must be employed and scheduled to work 30 hours or more per week.
- For part time positions, must be employed and scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week.
- Not currently employed, or employed within the previous twelve (12) months at any UNC Health system owned entity.
- Employee must remain in good standing throughout their commitment period. If an employee receives a final written warning, the incentive will be discontinued.
- Per diem and traveler/contract staff that transfer to a full time position (30+ hrs/wk) will be eligible for the commitment incentive options in approved areas.
- Per diem and traveler/contract staff that transfer to a part time position (20+ hrs/wk) will be eligible for the commitment incentive options in approved areas.
- Employee must be in active status at the time of installment payment; otherwise, the payment will be cancelled. Remaining installment payments may resume upon the employee’s return to active status.
- The work commitment is to the organization where initially hired.
Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) – Certification is mandatory (required by law)
*This position is remote (North Carolina, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin) or onsite in the RTP Area
*Candidate must reside in one of the following states to be considered for this role: North Carolina, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin
- Coordinates and participates in abstraction, coding of patient and cancer related information, treatment and staging on all cancer patients seen and/or diagnosed at Rex.
- Coordinates tumor registry staff, assists with staffing, coordination of work schedules, annual performance reviews, onboarding, training and education, and work productivity. Monitors quality of data, develops and provides training for tumor registry staff to ensure data quality and compliance with NC and Commission on Cancer requirements.
- Maintains research database. Manages and analyzes registry data for the purposes of quality, education, research, outcomes, productivity and compliance with NC and Commission on Cancer requirements.
- Participates as a member of the health system Cancer Committee, providing quarterly updates and assistance with quality improvement initiatives. Assists in the development and implementation of changes in policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory and accreditation changes.
- Participates in the research process through identification of population to be surveyed, determination of data collection methodologies, and performance of data analysis, editing and formatting of reports.
- Associate’s degree in Health Information Management or related field.
- Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR)
Professional Experience Requirements:
- Five (5) years of cancer tumor registry experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
- Extensive knowledge of Tumor Registry coding principles. Knowledge of North Carolina regulations for reporting and Commission on Cancer accreditation standards. Excellent written and oral communication.