G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, ample parental leave, and unlimited PTO. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
About G2 – The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people.
About The Role
Great brand work tells a story. Sought, found, executed, you’re an arbiter of turning narrative to visual. You fashion ideas using lines, shapes, colors and type that become tangible, giving life to strategy. Ideas manifested, in a way. You craft robust systems that marry complements and uncover truths, turning the complicated simple. You don’t shy from imagination and often seek the elusive answer to “Wouldn’t it be cool if…”. You embrace others around you who endeavor to do the same, in the pursuit of our goals, inspiring and pushing others (yourself too) along the way. You partner with writers, designers, developers, marketers and more to fashion the growth of G2’s brand, elevating our vision to be “The place you go for software”. You’re key to unraveling our stakeholders’ challenges across nearly every prospect and customer touchpoint—from large internal event design, to our famed Best Software campaign (hello NYC billboards), to amazing employee success projects that enhance the employee experience, you’ll have your hands full and elbows deep in rich, impactful work. This role reports directly to the Brand Creative Director.
In This Role, You Will:
- Act as a design mentor, leader, and evangelist within the Brand & Marketing teams, and across the organization
- Assist in defining individual designer process & overall design process—from concept to handoff
- Be an active participant in hiring design roles
- Consistently drive design accountability across teams to ensure design is always represented properly
- Evangelize design across G2, advocating and seeking out opportunities to improve design (sometimes cross teams, not being scared to share your POV)
- Provide consistent design direction to media, particularly around brand compliance and art production
- Consistently identify design opportunities across brand system and marketing channels, working with PM to define and build briefs to address
- Suggest and assist in brand and campaign workshops/brainstorms
- Partner with CD & other designers to maintain brand design system with an eye on optimization & style, making suggestions and seeking improvement w/out asking
- Partner with CD & other designers in evolving brand vision LnF as well as brand design philosophies and strategies
- Present new designs and design strategy behind campaigns, carefully articulating decisions and goals
- Participate in data driven conversations w/ marketing to gain learnings and identify design opportunities to consistently improve
- Lead design conversations in each creative brief, advocating for the best work and rescoping work as needed
- Update & maintain brand guide w/ new updates and guidelines
- Exemplify culture and leadership within the team, being an active role model for others
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- Experience designing for B2B and B2C brands for 5-8 years.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe creative, figma, and other in-market tools
- Excellent knowledge of design principles
- Excellent use of proportions, negative space, UI design, & hierarchy
- Superior standards for their work
- Superior execution ability that outputs hi-fi work on time, error free
- Strong mentorship capabilities & ability to deliver feedback
- Begins to evangelize design across organization
- Excellent ability to execute on creative briefs to deliver new design work from start to finish
- Strong knowledge of digital and brand channels and how to create for them
- Communicating consistently and effectively on project timelines, roadblocks, conflicts, and scope
- Strong at building and devising omnichannel design tests
What Can Help Your Application Stand Out:
- Design thinking led (has a strong repeatable creative process)
- Strong at presenting and pitching work
- Sees stakeholders as strategic partners
- Ability to execute design direction across brand and campaigns
- Sees brand and design as business drivers