About this role
Petvisor is the holding company for several subsidiaries, including PetDesk, WhiskerCloud, Vetstoria, Kontak, and Groomer.io. This is an exciting employment opportunity to work at the Petvisor level, with responsibilities spanning the entire portfolio of companies. We seek a motivated and detail-oriented Billing Specialist to join our team. As the Billing Specialist, you will support the daily Order-to-Cash operation across Petvisor entities. The ideal candidate will have SaaS experience in billing and collections and excellent customer service skills. As a Billing Specialist, you will be critical in managing billing processes and addressing customer inquiries related to billing and collections. You will be essential in maintaining data integrity – ensuring all customer, opportunity, and subscription information is accurate and reportable.
Apply if you’re excited to:
- Generate and review invoices accurately and on time, following our opportunity closing process. Ensure all billing information is complete and up to date, including pricing, discounts, and payment terms
- Monitor and manage accounts receivable to ensure timely payment of outstanding invoices. Initiate collection activities, such as sending reminders and making follow-up calls, to resolve any payment issues or discrepancies
- Act as the primary point of contact for customers regarding billing-related inquiries. Address and resolve customer concerns and questions promptly and professionally, providing exceptional customer service at all times
- Maintain accurate and organized billing records, including customer information, payment details, and billing history. Update and reconcile any discrepancies in billing data to ensure data integrity
- Prepare regular reports on billing activities, including collections status, outstanding balances, and payment trends. Analyze data to identify any patterns or issues that may impact billing processes or customer satisfaction
- Identify opportunities to streamline billing processes, improve efficiency, and enhance customer experience. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement process improvements and recommend system enhancements if necessary
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in SaaS billing, collections, or a related field
- Strong understanding of billing processes, invoicing, and collections practices
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in data entry and billing documentation
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to ensure billing is complete and error-free
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to develop great rapport with PetVisor customers and ensure financial stewardship while avoiding customer friction
- Ability to identify and resolve billing discrepancies and customer concerns
- Comfortable working in quote to cash systems and capable of operating within Zuora, Chargebee, Salesforce, Hubspot, Stripe, Avalara, and other integrated financial tools
Benefits and perks:
Petvisor is a remote organization, focused on a culture, infrastructure, and ecosystem that supports team members’ participation in critical decisions and information sharing, regardless of location. Benefits and perks include:
- Medical coverage for employees and dependents (80-90% covered by employer)
- Employer HSA contribution with HDHP
- 401(k) match up to 3.5%
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dental & Vision coverage available
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 13 Paid Annual Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pawternity Leave, Financial Pet Adoption Support & Subsidized Pet Insurance
- $250 Annual Stipend for Learning and Development
Remote Pay Range
About UsPetDesk, an industry leader in Veterinary client communication software, has helped over 3,700 veterinary practices streamline business with simple software solutions that help pet parents stay current, and pet care providers stay connected. CLICK HERE to learn more about the company and why over 5 million users trust our app!
Our recruiting process is rooted in “Who: The A Method of Hiring” and consists of an average 2-week hiring timeline.
As a culture, we value curiosity, vulnerability, joy, and fulfillment – which drive us in our mission to engage pet parents in their pet’s health through a deeper relationship with their pet care providers – ultimately delivering on our vision to extend and improve the lives of pets, pet care providers, and the people working here at PetDesk. We are an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment among our gender-balanced workforce. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Please, no external recruiters—candidate profiles submitted from external recruiting agencies will not be considered.
Notice at Collection to Applicants Residing in California
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate how we manage job applicants’ data. Our full notice outlining how your data will be processed as part of the application procedure for application locations is available at this link. By submitting your application, you agree to our use and processing of your data as required.