Employer: Brilliant Earth
The A/P Associate oversees and processes transactions within accounts payable to ensure vendors are paid in a timely fashion. In this role, you will work as part of a small, collaborative finance team and collaborate closely with other departments. You will have the opportunity to have a clear impact on the company’s growth while developing your accounting skills. Ideal candidates will thrive in a fast-paced startup environment and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Enters vendor invoices and charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports. Report significant variances to management.
- Ensures all vendor invoices, credits, and disbursements are properly approved or matched with purchase order (PO) before processing.
- Resolves any PO, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies.
- Schedules and prepares company checks, bill payments and bank wires as required.
- Maintains accounting sub-ledgers by verifying and properly posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions in NetSuite.
- Processes corporate card transactions and monthly payments/reconciliations of credit cards
- Provides support in annual 1099 filing preparation
- Processes check requests and expense reports on a regular basis
- Provides analyses for transaction history
- Tracks and maintains historical vendor invoices and records.
- Experience working in Accounts Payable preferred
- NetSuite ERP System experience preferred
- Retail or manufacturing industry experiences preferred
- Experience in thorough data entry with a high level of attention to detail
- Collaborative, team player with a strong desire to learn and grow
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability in the role
- Robust Computer skills and Excel proficiency
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
The targeted budget for this position is $40-46k. This compensation budget range may be adjusted at any time at the discretion of the company.
What We Offer:
At Brilliant Earth, we’re passionate about the employee experience. That’s why we offer an excellent training program and endless opportunities for career growth! In addition, we offer competitive compensation and a robust benefits package, including:
- Equity Compensation. You will play an important role in the growth and success of the company. RSU awards allow us all to share in these successes.
- Insurance. Medical, dental, and vision insurance kick in on the first day of your 2nd month!
- 401k match. We know that saving for the future is important. That’s why we offer a generous 401k match.
- Paid Time Off. We know it is important to recharge and relax- you’ll accrue 3 weeks of PTO in your first year.
- Disability and Life insurance. 100% employer-paid.
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits.
- Continued Education. Company-sponsored learning in leadership, professional skills, diversity & inclusion, and access to tuition reimbursement for role-specific trainings.
- Employee Discounts. As an employee at Brilliant Earth, you’ll receive a generous discount on our jewelry.
- Wellness Benefits. We offer access to exclusive discounts on gym memberships and more, as well as an Employee Assistance Program for 24/7 access to counseling.
- Giving Back and Volunteer Opportunities. In additional to our giving back programs, our teams support local initiatives and spend time together by volunteering.