- The Payment Posting Specialist is responsible for the monetary intake for Ventra Health clients. The Payment Posting Specialist may be assigned between 13-14 facilities/clients that they will be responsible for maintaining our 6 days turnaround time. Posts all deposits for current month by our month end deadline. Payment Posting Specialist must comply with applicable laws regarding billing standards and be able to operate in a team-oriented environment that strives to provide superior service to Ventra Health clients throughout the country.
Essential Functions & Tasks:
- Posts Accounts Payable deposits.
- Processes electronic 835’s and manual payer EOBs, including the posting of insurance allowable, patient portions, denials, adjustments, contractual allowances, recoups and forward balancing.
- Interprets Explanation of Benefits (EOB) remittance codes and applies correct denial codes.
- Balances and closes payment batches timely.
- Navigate websites to obtain EOBs.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Two (2) year of experience posting insurance payments in a healthcare setting.
- Two (2) years of experience reading insurance Explanation of Benefits (EOB) statements preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Knowledge of insurance payer types.
- Knowledge of Explanation of Benefits (EOB) statements.
- Strong balancing and reconciliation skills.
- Strong 10 Key calculator skills.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to read, understand, and apply state/federal laws, regulations, and policies.
- Ability to remain flexible and work within a collaborative and fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate with diverse personalities in a tactful, mature, and professional manner.