At BCD Meetings & Events (BCD M&E), we provide more than meeting and event planning services: we create connections that inspire, motivate, and change behavior for our customers. As the world’s most trusted and innovative meetings and events agency, BCD M&E cultivates a culture of people, passion, and purpose to drive business forward.
Headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the world, BCD M&E’s team of 1,500+ people are committed to sustainability and driving success for our customers, our business, and ourselves.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Most importantly, we value our people and are committed to your success and continued growth.
About the role:
We are looking for an Event Coordinator to join our dynamic team. In this role you will be working with Event & Catering Planning Teams to capture detailed expectations and requirements for event work orders to ensure a flawless onsite experience for attendees. This role is primarily focused on data entry and quality control across a wide variety of events, anything from catering orders to room set up, and a variety of event planning elements. If you are super detail oriented, customer service focused and a team player, read on!
As an Event Coordinator you will:
• Analyze meeting intake forms and create work orders based on requirements.
• Manage a variety of administrative requests to support the teams.
• Ask questions to ensure all requirements are captured appropriately. You know each event is a personal experience, and you make it easy to proactively ensure everything is accounted for.
• Communicate effectively and efficiently. Cross check data and requirements, ensuring the appropriate suppliers and orders are accounted for.
• Assist with any ancillary planning needs as directed.
You’re good at:
• Managing multiple priorities and being adaptable. You have exceptional problem-solving skills, are calm under pressure.
• Agile and proactive. Always looking to improve upon a process or a situation to maximize time and impact.
• Teamwork. It takes a village.
• Microsoft Office Suite.
• Providing superior customer service. You understand the impact that Meetings & Events can bring to an individual and an organization and you strive to go above and beyond to ensure the best experience possible.
You might also have:
• Ideal candidate possesses 1+ years in an event coordinator role, however this is not a hard requirement.
• Previous experience with/of USI (Ungerboeck Systems Inc.) Event Management System
• Previous experience with Cvent
You should know:
• While entry level, there is opportunity to grow and develop in this role.
• Our standard working hours are 8:30 AM -5:30 PM with an hour break.
• Covid vaccination might be required for this role.